2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Doable or not? ISTA+

05-09-2023, 01:05 PM   #1
EnzoCali
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X5 F15, 535 F10

Question Doable or not? ISTA+

Hey guys,
First off, I'm sorry if this was asked before and the only reason why I'm asking is because I cannot find a good way to verify ISTA+ info.
If it's a duplicate, I apologize and hopefully you can take me to a link that's current on this topic.

I have purchased protool diagnostic and coding software and have been using it for a while. no issues there in general as far as diagnostics/coding.

However, one thing that's frustrating is repair information, torques, etc which I'd really like to get behind instead of wasting time researching every time.

ISTA+ seems to be the right source for repair information/steps, so that would be my primary reason for wanting to install it. However, a bit of research gets me to a bottom line summary that seems to be as follows:
1. there are no legit means to download it.
2. paid website are BS, scam.
3. whatever link you go to (mega, etc), it all expired and is non-valid.

so in short, i'd appreciate a bit of down to earth, real, honest advice on this.
Is trying to find ISTA+ a waste of time or is there a meaningful way to get it without having to jump through 500 hoops to get there?
Is the installation very finicky and complicated to get it up and running or is it a straight foward .exe type executable file that installs cleanly?

Again, sorry if it's been asked before. I'd appreciate your inputs!
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2023, 02:40 PM   #2
Trian
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 535i M-Sport

You can download ISTA+ for free but you have to ask for the link. It is on a different BMW "Bimmer" Forum. Do a little google search and you will find easily.
Appreciate 0