2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Lost the Efficient Dynamics Display With One Key

02-21-2015, 10:43 AM   #1
Chili Palmer
Master Of My Domain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 650i Gran Coupe

Lost the Efficient Dynamics Display With One Key

My wife was driving our 2011 550 last night and I was sitting passenger and I happened to notice that the bottom of the display under the tach was blank. I asked her how long it's been like that and she said she just noticed it too. When we got home I got out my key and started up the car and it was there.

I looked all through the iDrive menus and couldn't find anything that would turn that display on or off. Is it in a hidden menu that I need to use the Option button for or push multiple buttons to get it to appear/disappear?

It's a pretty useless display, but it just looks empty without it being on.
      02-21-2015, 10:52 AM   #2
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

@Chili Palmer, I believe there is a setting for that. It should be under Settings > Instrument Cluster then it will gives you a bunch of list what can be displayed on the cluster.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2015, 12:30 AM   #3
F10Msport
Malaysia
Rep
Drives: MY13 F10 528i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chili Palmer
My wife was driving our 2011 550 last night and I was sitting passenger and I happened to notice that the bottom of the display under the tach was blank. I asked her how long it's been like that and she said she just noticed it too. When we got home I got out my key and started up the car and it was there.

I looked all through the iDrive menus and couldn't find anything that would turn that display on or off. Is it in a hidden menu that I need to use the Option button for or push multiple buttons to get it to appear/disappear?

It's a pretty useless display, but it just looks empty without it being on.
I think it would be under SETTINGS>INSTRUMENT CLUSTER>ADDITIONAL DISPLAYS or ANALOGUE DISPLAYS. Something like that.
'13 F10 BMW 528i Sport: Space Grey / Leather Dakota Black - Head Up Display | Hi-fi Professional with DSP | Double Spoke 350M Alloys with Summer Setup | Navigation System Professional | Bi-Xenons | Sports Seats | Hot Climate Version | PDC | Rear View Camera | Aluminium Hexagon Interior Trim | Sport Automatic Transmission |
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2015, 01:21 PM   #4
Chili Palmer
Master Of My Domain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 650i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33 View Post
@Chili Palmer, I believe there is a setting for that. It should be under Settings > Instrument Cluster then it will gives you a bunch of list what can be displayed on the cluster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by F10Msport View Post
I think it would be under SETTINGS>INSTRUMENT CLUSTER>ADDITIONAL DISPLAYS or ANALOGUE DISPLAYS. Something like that.
Got it back on.
It wasn't as detailed to find it, but it was under display settings. It's strange that it kicked off.

Thanks for the help.
      02-22-2015, 01:50 PM   #5
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0