2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Seat Modules - Help!

05-12-2019, 10:43 AM   #1
WL26
Private
Scotland
Rep
Drives: G31 530XD MSport

Seat Modules - Help!

Does anyone know if the small basic seat module can be directly replaced with the larger version? See image below.

My car only has 1 seat module showing up under ECU's (driver side) so i assume the passenger side one is the smaller 'dumb' seat module that has no codable functions. I learned this while trying to activate the 'Gentlemans function' - Controlling the passenger seat from the driver controls.

Does anyone know what the other connectors are for on the larger module? There will be seat memory and possibly massage?

I don't have comfort seats but i do have one of the larger seat modules on the drivers side so presumably this seat module can function with only some of the connectors attached?

Last edited by WL26; 05-13-2019 at 02:47 PM..
Appreciate 0