2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Blue tooth phone problem - 1st call fails

05-13-2011, 11:46 AM   #1
shiner
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 535D MSport Touring

Blue tooth phone problem - 1st call fails

Hello all,
I have strange issue with my Nokia pairing with my F10. The phone pairs just fine, I can see signal strength just fine on the F10 iDrive panel. I see the phone book. The phone also says its connected.... BUT upon starting the car, every time I try to use the iDrive system to make a call from the mobile it hangs up almost immediately, within two seconds. However if I make the call by dialing on the phone keypad directly the call goes through just fine and I can speak hands free through the car. Subsequent calls made from using the iDrive then work.

In short I always have to make the first call from the phone directly.

This is bizarre and driving me nuts.
Any clues out there please?

Rgds, Steve
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2011, 09:28 AM   #2
shiner
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 535D MSport Touring

No worries, I deleted the phone, re-paired it and still didn't work. So I deleted the phone, left the car overnight, re-paired the following morning and now seems to work. Will see if it stays working this week.

Bizarre....
Appreciate 0