2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Paul Miller BMW dealership NJ

07-25-2014, 08:10 AM   #1
BavariaExclusive
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: a Spaceship

Thumbs down Paul Miller BMW dealership NJ

I don't know why but I always feel like an adopted child in the family where your parents treat you like they did you a favor by adopting you. That is exactly how I feel about this dealership, I understand I got a car out of state from another dealership. But the staff here makes me feel like they're doing me a huge favor by them letting me use their dealership for services.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2014, 09:05 AM   #2
ezmaass
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 650xi GC / '15 Audi R8 V10

Many dealerships are like this, unfortunately. I've seen it first-hand but also witnessed it with others. Way back in 2001 when I bought my first BMW, I went out to several dealers for quotes within about an hour radius. I ended up buying from a dealership out of town who provided the best quote. Shortly after, I moved closer to another dealer (not my home town one), so it was really a jumble. When I first had the car serviced, the new dealer literally told me they had to switch the license plate holder because it had the name of a competing dealership! Insanity. I honestly didn't care, and I told them they were free to do so (as I didn't mind getting a new plate holder anyway!), but they never did.

So, I think some dealers are very sensitive to servicing cars that you bought somewhere else. My current dealer? They could give a darn. When I moved to my current house, I still had my 335 that I bought out of state - they always treated me like family and never made a peep about it. And now my 550xi was bought from them.

But at the end of the day, if you have an overly sensitive dealer, and they can't get over it, I'd just recommend going somewhere else... and also maybe considering replacing any branded plates, if you have them, with something generic.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2014, 10:14 AM   #3
noixd
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 535xi

paul miller is wack. Bunch of monkeys running that shop. I went to get my yearly service and they drained my coolant and forgot to top it back off again. I drove off with no coolant.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2014, 10:33 AM   #4
Bbb34
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535i 6sp. DHP/RWD

In my experience with 4 different brands/dealerships in the past 10+ years it comes down to service advisers.

If they aren't (and lots of them are not ) trained properly and don't communicate well to technician and customer nobody is really happy.

As for "you did not buy car from us" that's just silly and bad for business, lots of money to make on service/repairs not just car sale.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2014, 12:17 PM   #5
Chili Palmer
Master Of My Domain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 650i Gran Coupe

I had a run-in with a dealership service department (BMW of Monrovia) that was so bad I contacted BMW of North America and the parent company (Sonic Automotive). BMW did call me back after I wrote a nastygram to them and copied Sonic Automotive and the offending dealership. BMWNA apologized for the way I was treated and basically said that they have no way of controlling how a dealership treats its customers. I told them if they continue to treat people this way they won't have any customers. BMW's reply was that they receive many complaints about this dealership, but the dealership had one of the highest grossing sales for the area. Go figure.

I never did receive a response from Sonic Automotive or the dealership.

I now go to another dealership that is friendly and very easy to work with, almost as good as a Lexus dealership, close, but not quite there yet.
      07-29-2014, 10:31 AM   #6
badblack550xi
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 550i 2011 F90 2020 COMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chili Palmer View Post
I had a run-in with a dealership service department (BMW of Monrovia) that was so bad I contacted BMW of North America and the parent company (Sonic Automotive). BMW did call me back after I wrote a nastygram to them and copied Sonic Automotive and the offending dealership. BMWNA apologized for the way I was treated and basically said that they have no way of controlling how a dealership treats its customers. I told them if they continue to treat people this way they won't have any customers. BMW's reply was that they receive many complaints about this dealership, but the dealership had one of the highest grossing sales for the area. Go figure.

I never did receive a response from Sonic Automotive or the dealership.

I now go to another dealership that is friendly and very easy to work with, almost as good as a Lexus dealership, close, but not quite there yet.
Sad truth is the ass hole dealer ships always net the most profit because of nice marketing campaigns and 1st time suckers that get sucked in and screwed over.
      07-30-2014, 04:28 AM   #7
martin mustang
Major
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 640d,X5 45e, 911c4s, 635csi

Sound like you folks in the U.S. need the new system just piloted in Ireland by BMW for reviewing Dealer services, works like Amazon stars review and all comments published publicly! I love it and noticed a great deal of consideration by dealers since introduced few months ago check this out http://www.bmw.ie/ie/en/insights/news/content.html
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2014, 12:07 PM   #8
carzaddict
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 Cadillac Escalade ESV

unfortunately a lot of dealerships are rude when you dont buy a car from them.

Life Quality BMW in Brooklyn is the WORST. my car broke down literally infront of their shop.....and they still wouldnt take it
      07-31-2014, 10:31 AM   #9
Antique-ace
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzaddict View Post
unfortunately a lot of dealerships are rude when you dont buy a car from them.

Life Quality BMW in Brooklyn is the WORST. my car broke down literally infront of their shop.....and they still wouldnt take it
I never heard of anything like this before. I've owned Audi, MB, Ford, Mercury, Nissan, Infiniti, Toyota, GM, Chrysler, Plymouth, Dodge and I have NEVER had any problem getting a vehicle serviced at ANY of these dealerships (respectively) that I did not buy the car at, whether my car was still under warranty or out of warranty.
I bought my current CPO BMW at a dealership 300 miles away from where I live and my local BMW dealership services it without any issues.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 06:24 PM   #10
chsu74
Rep
Drives: 550XI, 993TT, GL320

Ridiculous. Money is made not from selling cars but from the service department.

The dealer should kiss your behind when taking your car in for service.
Appreciate 0