2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Email Office works with Droid now

02-16-2013, 08:48 PM   #1
wnrussell
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10

Email Office works with Droid now

Android "JellyBean" version 4.1.2 is rolling out for Verizon RAZR, RAZR Maxx and RAZR HD and other models and an unadvertised feature is finally enabled; the Message Access Profile and the Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP, PBA).

If you have a limited Bluetooth phone like mine, you probably experienced that the Office functions are limited, getting Text only if you are lucky. To get the feature on Motorola RAZR, in Android, check Settings > About Phone and see if you have an update available. The working version is shown here.

Once you have it installed, re-pair the phone to Bluetooth in your BMW and during the pairing process watch your phone for permission dialogs to allow the two BT profiles. You should see this when the update is installed in the About Phone screen.

On the Control Display you see a new option like this:

And your messages look like this:

This may seem like no big deal if you have another phone that works, but for those who have been suffering without having an email reader (yes it uses text to speech on emails) it is a welcome feature.

If you want to try getting am early release of this update, try this link: http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/to...-to-keep-root/

Calendar, Notes and Tasks are still not working however there may be a patch for that also.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 09:36 PM   #2
Luigi524TD
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5 45e MSport

I posted this reply to your post on the 5Series.net forum too:

Yea, I'm still waiting for JB for my Bionic - only get txt messages now. And sometime later this year (July??) BMW Connected Office will work with Android phones too (currently only iPhones get the full benefit of BMW APPS if they are installed in your F10).

Current

2013 535xDrive
1998 Z3 2.8
2007 Rav4 V-6 AWD

Past

2007 530xi
2001 740i
1998 740i
1994 740i
1986 524TD

Sign up for free at MR REBATES & Earn Cash Rebates when you shop on line at TireRack and other stores and websites! http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=55980

"Seek and ye shall find" ... start with your owner's manual!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 06:17 AM   #3
JCs F10
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 3.0 528i Msport

I have this updated sftware on my galaxy s2 and it doesnt work. Do i need bmw apps installed on the car to get office to do more than contacts?
Appreciate 0