2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Installed a Laser Jammer on my F10 528i

06-24-2010, 09:28 PM   #1
ddd269
Private
Chile
Rep
Drives: F10 528iA Silver

Smile Installed a Laser Jammer on my F10 528i

Just installed a Blinder M27 laser jammer on my 528i a few days ago. I waited to post some good pictures but it's been raining here for the last few days so I'm posting the crappy picture that I took on the day of the install.

It's kind of hard to see because the job was done late in the afternoon and was cloudy. I brightened it a bit so you can get an idea where it's at.

You can see the transponders a little better here.

Here, you can see it better. Had to cut the plastic mesh grill to fit about a 1/3 of the transponders inside.

The installer used a Traffic Patrol XR to test from about 1500 ft.

I'm pretty happy with the overall install but not too sure about the effectiveness. Might need to do some adjustment or add a few more transponders. I don't want to find out that the setup is not working properly by getting a ticket, though. I'm asking for advise on a different forum on this subject. I'll keep you guys updated.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 10:27 AM   #2
dblock2151
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 550i Msport DG

Awesome! I just bought a Beltronics STI-R w/ the Zr4 shifters and was looking for where to mount the transponders.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 11:20 AM   #3
vdubturbo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90, E36, 997

Back in the day I had a K40 Laser Diffuser on the front of my Q45. I have no hard data as to its effectiveness, but I do have the following experiences.

-Driving late night on the downtown connector (75/85) in Atlanta. Enormous 7-lane highway at about 2am. Me and one other car who I had just passed were the only two of us on the road. We had just rounded a bend where a trooper was using laser to tag speeders. Both of us were doing in excess of 75 mph in a 55 zone, but when he pulled out, to my surprise he grabbed the guy behind me. I would have assumed he would have chosen me first but I can only guess I couldn't get a reading on my vehicle. The K40 did indicate that it had gone off...

-The second time I was driving down I-85 through southern Georgia (USA), when we went under an overpass. The trooper was on the overpass tagging speeders passing underneath with laser. Just beyond the overpass was about 6 more troopers flagging down drivers identified by radio from the guy on the overpass. Once again, the K40 went off (and jammed I assume) and I wasn't pulled over (even though there were excess cops available to grab me). And again, I was considerably over the speed limit.

Granted, my engineering mind wants hard data to show these things work, but based on my two experiences, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.
Appreciate 0