2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics DIY Guides & Discussions M Performance Carbon Rear Spoiler #51622163505

04-20-2018, 08:46 AM   #1
John H.
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 535i XDrive

M Performance Carbon Rear Spoiler #51622163505

INTRO:

Install info of M Performance Carbon Rear Spoiler #51622163505.

Don't let the use of Betalink intimidate you. In fact, it was probably the easiest step in the whole process. Let me just rec. that you duct tape the nozzle to the tube of paste. The tape will prevent the nozzle from popping off when too much pressure is applied.

PREP:

Follow the directions that come with the Betalink kit....the sanding (roughing up) of spoiler bottom, cleansing of paint, and test fitting. As stated previously, duct tape the nozzle to the tube of paste. On stand-by, rags, solvent (included with kit), Q-tips.

TEST FIT:

Positioned the spoiler, and secured with painters tape. I applied the tape on the forward (towards engine) area of spoiler. WHY? I could easily flip it over, and flip it back in to position.

GLUE:

Flipped the spoiler over, and applied the glue on the appropriate areas/edges of spoiler. Consistent pressure on tube. Consistent thickness. Nice string. For the most part, glue application amount was equivalent to 1/3 toothpaste on toothbrush. I ended up using about 90% of the tube.

SET:

I slowly flipped over the spoiler and set it down onto the boot. Adjustments were very, very minimal. Very little excess. What excess glue found, I simply cleaned with a Q-tip (solvent soaked). Secured spoiler with painters tape....began taping from center, moving out towards ends. After a few minutes, I placed a few books on spoiler.

DRY:

I removed the tape after about 12 hours. Did not wash car for 3 days. The spoiler is secure, it ain't coming off! ;-)

INSTALLER COMMENTS

Can't beat OEM fit. Spoiler feather light. Not flat bottom. Channels on bottom, designed for application of Betalink glue paste. Very, very satisfied with install.

PICS:

I love painter's tape!

Installed!

Betalink Kit

Last edited by John H.; 04-26-2018 at 03:03 PM.. Reason: Added info.
Appreciate 0