2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding F10 - Retrofit rear door speakers on OEM HiFi system - Questions RE Pins / Cabling

03-18-2018, 07:26 PM   #1
Previse
Rep
Drives: 2014 528i XDrive

F10 - Retrofit rear door speakers on OEM HiFi system - Questions RE Pins / Cabling

Hey,
So I've got the stock 12 speaker HiFi system and i noticed that it sounds a bit dead behind me when I have the music up on my 2014 F10. I've already did the Bavsound stage 1 upgrade to the car and it still seems like it's a bit of dead air behind me in the driver seat.

I went ahead and found a local shop that had both rear door panels (With speaker cut outs, and shades ? Extra bonus i guess) as well as both rear door harnesses that include the speaker wiring. I replaced my old Wiring harness in both doors with new harnesses and plugged them into the speakers i put in the new door panels. Speakers are in place and plugged into door harness. Door harness is plugged into B Pillar harness. However now I assume i have to run a positive and negative from each B pillar to the OEM Amp in the trunk.

So to sum up:
1) What pins on the B Pillar harnesses go to the speakers in the rear doors
1A) Where do these pins / wires run to on the OEM amp?

2) Can OEM HiFi amp power two more rear speakers like the HK / BO Amp does? There seems to be two empty pins on the HiFi Amp Harness.

I've attached 5 photos. Two of the rear Trunk AMP harness (Which shows two empty pins on the bottom right). One of the harness coming from the rear door and two of the B Pillar harness (One showing the empty pins)

Photos:
View post on imgur.com

Hopefully someone can help me; I'm spinning wheels here trying to figure where to run the cables to/from. Even if it means I need a new AMP that's fine; I'll get the bimmertech one. However I really want to get the cables run beforehand.

Thanks in advance!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2022, 02:47 PM   #2
batdevice
Rep
Drives: BMW 550i F11

Hi, I see this is a old thread but did you ever get the info you needed to get this done?
Appreciate 0