2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Issue with coding new OEM TMS module to my '13 528i PLEASE HELP

11-06-2022, 03:19 PM   #1
samusishere
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i

Issue with coding new OEM TMS module to my '13 528i PLEASE HELP

Hey everyone, my name is Justin, and I recently purchased an OEM module from a verifed seller on ebay for my 2013 BMW 528i with Xenon adaptive front lighting. After receiving the module, I have done absolutely everything possible to encode with E-sys the module to my frm, as well as initialize the unit in ISTA+. None of these particular methods have been able to properly encode the TMS module to my vehicle which unfortunately has led to erroneous and undesiarble behaviors. For example, the module causes the driver side headlight to pan back and forth across the road while driving in a straight direction, as if it were scaning the road. it also causes the headlight to go beyond its normal limits of movement where it becomes stuck in a downward left or right hand position, this is only corrected by moving the light selector to the ON position. It seems that the module is not not communicating with the ride height sensors, and is constantly adjusting the beams throw. this results in the beam either being too high or too low based on the driving conditions. Regarding the adaptive function, the left headlight of which the module is paird to has much more sporatic movements than the left AHL does. It's almost as if it skips vs pan smoothly. I again swapped the modules to verify if this was a hardware issue, but after doing so I verified that the same jittery movement was present on the right hand side as well. Please, if anynoe could or would be willing to supply me with any assistance, or advice whatsoever on what I can do to resolve this issue and get this module properly coded, I would greatly appreciate it. Again, both modules installed in the vehilce are OEM, however I have purchased aftermarket modules as well and have returned them due to the issues I described above. Would have rather not have had to cut off my arm and offer it to BMW for one directly from their parts department
Appreciate 0