2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Bang e olufsen upgrade

02-02-2021, 11:19 PM   #1
bennyM5
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Garage List
2005 E60 M5  [0.00]
Bang e olufsen upgrade

HI everyone I found a bang and olufssen amplifier from a friend, but for f15, to replace my logic7, can I encode it and put it in my f10 because similar or should I flash it? advice?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2021, 06:31 PM   #2
addy27
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 550i

Not that easy a swap. The B&O system connects individually to each speaker/tweeter and has a extra mic connection that modifies speaker outputs in real time. Also, it requires to be connected directly to the battery fuse F509 with thicker wires (50A fuse). You'll also need to change the MOST connector and use an additional connector that takes the single low power wire that is currently attached to your MOST connector and plugs it directly to the 32 pin additional connector on your B&O Amp. Now if your car has ASD you might have some of this wiring minus the power wires, already done from factory but again, if you really want the B&O experience, you need to swap out ALL speakers, and especially the tweeters since they get directly connected to the B&O AMP. Else, you might have a worse experience than your current HK setup.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2022, 06:41 AM   #3
dxdenis02
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by addy27 View Post
Not that easy a swap. The B&O system connects individually to each speaker/tweeter and has a extra mic connection that modifies speaker outputs in real time. Also, it requires to be connected directly to the battery fuse F509 with thicker wires (50A fuse). You'll also need to change the MOST connector and use an additional connector that takes the single low power wire that is currently attached to your MOST connector and plugs it directly to the 32 pin additional connector on your B&O Amp. Now if your car has ASD you might have some of this wiring minus the power wires, already done from factory but again, if you really want the B&O experience, you need to swap out ALL speakers, and especially the tweeters since they get directly connected to the B&O AMP. Else, you might have a worse experience than your current HK setup.
Hi Addy27
I think you're the guy to ask on this retro fit

Can you provide the pins outs for the 32 pin connector

What are the pin locations for the 7 tweeters
What are the pin locations for the dual mic (Bluetooth and mic for amp)
What is the pin location for the single wire I need to move from MOST connector into 32 pin connector

I appreciate your input and time

Best wishes
D from Brooklyn NYC
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2022, 09:02 PM   #4
addy27
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 550i

Attached are the Pin-outs and wiring diagrams that should help clarify.
Appreciate 0