2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum 535i

01-06-2016, 10:30 AM   #1
Competition C
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: comp m5

535i

Hey gentlemen

I currently own a Nissan Maxima 2009 fully loaded and modded to my liking
But I'm looking to move up to a 535i I Have been researching it and falling in love !
I noticed I just can't find one that I'm looking for
My dream is a white/black 5 with a M package !
When I find one it either has to many miles (90k+)and has M kit
Or great miles (40-50k) and simple with no M kit

should I go crazy looking for a M kit on a 535???? Or can I always upgrade to that in the future ? Or is any aftermarket bumpers/diffusers out ?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-06-2016, 10:42 AM   #2
M5Beast_NYC
Major
Rep
Drives: 15 M5

When i was looking for mine, i was looking for white M sport as well. The prices on white was a bit higher than other colors possibly due to the demand. The ones I saw that was in decent price was pretty beat up inside and was not CPO. With that said, I kept on looking.

I currently own a 2012 DG2 M-sport. I found the Dark Graphite color to be a mix of luxury, class and sporty.

Figured since you are local Ill throw this out there. Let me know if you are interested in a CPO Dark Graphite M sport with low mileage. Im looking to let mine go as Im thinking of going for an M5 or M3.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2016, 11:48 AM   #3
Competition C
Banned
United_States
Rep

I'm looking to trade in my car ...
But do I love your set up
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2016, 12:06 PM   #4
TJBentley
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 528xdrive

If you find a standard white/black one with low mileage, in great shape, and possibly CPO then jump on it. You can always just purchase the msport replica body kit and also buy sport springs along with sway bars if you want it to perform and handle better. My $.02
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2016, 12:10 PM   #5
M5Beast_NYC
Major
Rep
Drives: 15 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJBentley View Post
If you find a standard white/black one with low mileage, in great shape, and possibly CPO then jump on it. You can always just purchase the msport replica body kit and also buy sport springs along with sway bars if you want it to perform and handle better. My $.02
I was thinking about this when i was looking as well. Im not sure which year the OP is looking at but the 2012 M sport comes with the dynamic handling suspension and the multi contour seats. i think it will cost more than an as built m-sport package if he put those piece together.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2016, 12:12 PM   #6
TJBentley
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonm3ny
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJBentley View Post
I was thinking about this when i was looking as well. Im not sure which year the OP is looking at but the 2012 M sport comes with the dynamic handling suspension and the multi contour seats. i think it will cost more than an as built m-sport package if he put those piece together.
That's true. You also get the msport steering wheel and upgraded wheels
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2016, 03:46 PM   #7
Competition C
Banned
United_States
Rep

I seen all of the fancy M decals inside and steering wheels .. I wasn't aware of suspension making a difference ? That's pretty cool
But thanks tj
That's what in asking ... Is it much trouble to go get a M kit or any aftermarket parts .... It's sooooo much trouble to find the perfect package ... I do enjoy modding my cars so I won't mind purchase a regular 535
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2016, 03:56 PM   #8
TJBentley
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatem3
I seen all of the fancy M decals inside and steering wheels .. I wasn't aware of suspension making a difference ? That's pretty cool
But thanks tj
That's what in asking ... Is it much trouble to go get a M kit or any aftermarket parts .... It's sooooo much trouble to find the perfect package ... I do enjoy modding my cars so I won't mind purchase a regular 535
It's not much trouble at all to find msport items after the fact, just sometimes it comes out more expensive if u want every single item. For instance, the steering wheel alone is very costly. Aftermarket body kit can be found on eBay for $900 for front, rear, and sideskirts. Sometimes fitment is on point sometimes it needs to be tweaked. Nothing a good body shop can't handle. OEM msport rims are always being sold somewhat frequently on the site for good prices from guys who have msport cars and upgrade to some aftermarket rims.

I too was in the same boat as you 2 and a half years ago. It was even more difficult back then because I wanted a CPO and not many cars were coming off of leases or anything yet. In the end I purchased a standard white/black F10 and have been happy ever since. Only thing I wish I had was the body kit but once I got the car I wasn't in a rush to get it. Maybe this year...
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2016, 03:58 PM   #9
TJBentley
Captain
United_States
Rep

Here's mine
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-06-2016, 03:59 PM   #10
Competition C
Banned
United_States
Rep

This is the five that has my eyes at the moment

Hey, check out this car I found on Cars.com: http://m.cars.com/vehicledetail/#vdp...ngId=656850653
http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory...&partner=CCO_0
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2016, 04:16 PM   #11
TJBentley
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatem3
This is the five that has my eyes at the moment

Hey, check out this car I found on Cars.com: http://m.cars.com/vehicledetail/#vdp...ngId=656850653
http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory...&partner=CCO_0
Seems okay. No pictures there in the link you provided. One thing I will just throw out there though is that if you've never owned a BMW out of warranty, you will quickly find out! Sometimes you get away and they don't require anything special besides regular maintenance. But If something goes wrong, it can mean hundreds or thousands to fix, on something that may be much, much cheaper to fix on another car like a maxima. If that's okay with you, then fine. If not, try looking for a CPO
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2016, 04:59 PM   #12
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

like everyone here mentioned you can always add the msport bumpers on! unless you really want the msport suspension than i would keep searching! either way, hope you find one!!! i have a non m and already bought the mtech rear bumper and still waiting on side skirts...kept the front OEM but added a 3d style carbon front lip!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2016, 06:47 PM   #13
Competition C
Banned
United_States
Rep

Is that M suspension worth it ?
I'm buying used trying to spend 25-28
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2016, 03:24 AM   #14
The Beast
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: VW Transporter Sportline

Not sure what your US Msport spec is but as well as the body kit and suspension a UK spec car has a few interior differences that I would not go without... It has sports seats that are more sculpted than the standard ones (they also have an adjustable base that helps those with longer legs achieve a comfortable driving position), it has a sports steering wheel that is a lot chunkier than the standard one, it has the black headliner and also different interior trim.

I personally would wait and buy what I wanted rather than try and transform another car to be almost the same, I feel that I'd never quite be 100% happy with it
Appreciate 1
      01-07-2016, 07:58 AM   #15
bake
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 F10, 2013 E93

Wait on the M Sport! I have exactly the car you are looking to buy and when I bought mine in 2013 there were much fewer options available. I ended up buying my car CPO from a dealer in CA and had it shipped to NY for $1k. Don't settle, the right car will come. Also 2011 M Sport cars have the most "sports" oriented setup in terms of suspension. These cars had DHP standard. Since 2011 BMW has been taking options out of the M Sport package and making them standalone options. In my opinion, these enhancements contribute to the sporty nature of the car that you will miss out on if you go with a regular 535 and just add the body kit. It will surely look like an M Sport, but it won't drive like one. Just my $0.02. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2016, 08:26 AM   #16
Competition C
Banned
United_States
Rep

Bake that's perfect which dealer did all that for you? Only 1,000? That's amazing
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2016, 08:50 AM   #17
bake
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 F10, 2013 E93

It was $1,100 to be exact. That was shipped from San Francisco to my driveway in Nassau County on an open truck. If I wanted an enclosed truck it would have been about $200 more. I bought my car from BMW of San Francisco. Another friend of mine bought his 535 from a BMW dealer in PA and had it shipped as well. I believe his was something like $500 for shipping. So there are options, don't limit yourself. Just from the picture of your Maxima, I can tell you do things the right way, so just take your time and wait for the right car.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2016, 03:07 PM   #18
Mr Clean
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bake View Post
Wait on the M Sport! I have exactly the car you are looking to buy and when I bought mine in 2013 there were much fewer options available. I ended up buying my car CPO from a dealer in CA and had it shipped to NY for $1k. Don't settle, the right car will come. Also 2011 M Sport cars have the most "sports" oriented setup in terms of suspension. These cars had DHP standard. Since 2011 BMW has been taking options out of the M Sport package and making them standalone options. In my opinion, these enhancements contribute to the sporty nature of the car that you will miss out on if you go with a regular 535 and just add the body kit. It will surely look like an M Sport, but it won't drive like one. Just my $0.02. Good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bake View Post
It was $1,100 to be exact. That was shipped from San Francisco to my driveway in Nassau County on an open truck. If I wanted an enclosed truck it would have been about $200 more. I bought my car from BMW of San Francisco. Another friend of mine bought his 535 from a BMW dealer in PA and had it shipped as well. I believe his was something like $500 for shipping. So there are options, don't limit yourself. Just from the picture of your Maxima, I can tell you do things the right way, so just take your time and wait for the right car.
+1 Very Well said. I'd seriously consider the advice from this guy, he knows his stuff
Appreciate 1
      01-07-2016, 11:31 PM   #19
f10inSD
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i M-Sport Space Grey

The M-Sport makes all the difference.. ESP on a 535.

Keep looking and you'll find one. Remember its not just rims and bumpers as others have mentioned. You get the shadowline trim, black headliner, M-Logos all over the place.. like the door sills. When I was looking for a used 535i I found that many of them come with M-Sport compared to say a 528.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2016, 03:06 AM   #20
Diesel Flash
The Flasher
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F11 520d M sport

Garage List
2008 320d  [0.00]
As beast said, WAIT for the m sport to come up, i was in your boat with my e90 when i purchased the S.E purley because of condition and low mikeage, it was an excellent car and i got it 85% to how i wanted in terms of m sport styling. But...... it was never an m sport and call me trivial but that fact alone always bugged me.

I went m sport with my f11, and would never go back to s.e, plus you can still mod an msport!
      01-12-2016, 04:02 PM   #21
lichtgelb
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E93 335i

If nothing else, you want an M Sport for the steering wheel and black headliner.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2016, 08:33 AM   #22
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Don't mess around. Get the m sport with dynamic handling or you'll regret it. Actually, and I'm being serious. Get the 550i.
535i MIssion Performance, PS2, Helix HPFP Kit, Wagner FMIC, Spec 3 clutch, Steel SMF, Wolf Racing CP, UUC SSK, GFB dv, SprintBooster, Custom Dynomax Exhaust, M5 Sways, Eibach OE Springs, Koni Sports Adjustable, Custom Short Ram CAI

IG: @bmwdoubles
Appreciate 0