2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series Gran Turismo GT (F07) Forums General 5-Series GT (Gran Turismo) (F07) Forum New to the forum... and to BMW

05-07-2010, 08:39 AM   #1
cotechia
Rep
Drives: F11 535d MSport

New to the forum... and to BMW

Hi,

I just joined the forum and the BMW world.

After a long research on many brands, many test drives on different types of cars I decided to take a look on the new X5.

My wife was bugging me for a SUV and after checking all the options, and I mean really all the options including X1 and X3 I was almost closing the deal in a Audi Q5.
I decided to give a last shot and take a look on the new X5 then we paid a visit to a new BMW dealer in the Basel, Switzerland area.

I still remember and I entered the store and the beauty GT was there. In Neptune blue, with 325 19'' wheels that was one of the most impressive cars I ever saw. Forget about X5! If we are going to get a BMW this is the chosen one.

When we entered the car the fascination just increased. That's a real luxury car. The wood finishing (that I used to hate so much) in combination with the white nappa leather was the perfect match with the Neptune blue color.

I still remember when the sales guy came with the key (can I call this remote a key?) and turn the engine on. Are you sure this is a diesel engine? so smooth... The black panel get to the live, the huge center screen tuns on and I was decided: this baby need to be mine.

What a shock when I saw the price! Oh, my god this is the price range of the new Cayenne! But you know what? The new Cayenne doesn't have a Soft close on the doors

Let's go ahead and negotiate. I want it and want it now. Ten day later I was there, to give my lovely 2008 Civic TypeR and enter the world of the german cars.

I hope to enjoy this forum and exchange my experiences with you all.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2010, 10:03 AM   #2
car_fan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 F97 X3M

Garage List
2020 BMW X3M  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Congratulations on your purchase, you will grow fonder of the GT with each passing day. Ironically, I had a 2010 Q5 Prestige SLine that I traded in on the GT nothing was wrong with the Audi, I just needed bigger SUV for the dog baby, transporting family, etc, yet I still wanted a german sedan that offered performance, luxury, and space (in that order). Thus my purchase of the GT.

I first saw the GT in person at the Miami International Auto Show in November 2009, I was told that the car would be released in the US on December 5th, I took delivery on December 28th. I was sold when I saw and realized that the GT was basically a 7 Series wagon (albeit designated as a 5 series) with, IMHO, a more dynamic aesthetic appearance and the same, if not more in certain instances, level of luxury.

Attached are photos of my former Q5 SLine and my GT.
Attached Images

2018 X3 M40i BSM/Oyster/ZPP/ZPX/HK/S6CPA/718M(retired)
Appreciate 0