2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Any known issues with 2015 f10's?

01-14-2015, 12:38 PM   #1
twssas
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340xi, 2018 X5, 2014 Z4

Any known issues with 2015 f10's?

I am getting ready to order a 2015 for the wife. Decided on 535 vs. 550 (trying to be a little practical)

Looking hard at the Msport, and was reading the sticky on bimmerfest with regard to the Goodyear RFTs. Is that still an ongoing issue? And does the issue come up with the 19" summer performance tires as well? I noticed the car we test drove the other day had Dunlops. I know its probably the luck of the draw on what you get.

If the 19" tires are still an issue, toying with the thought of going with a no line, or Luxury line with DHP. I believe no line comes with 18", and luxury line with 19's .But really like that M steering wheel. Speaking of which, if we went with the no line, it apparently from I read, comes with a "sports steering wheel". Is there really much difference in thickness between the two steering wheels? I know if we ordered the no line, she would have to settle for the Dakota leather, but we have that in our current vehicles anyway.

Been trying to scour these threads, looking for any potential issues that we could avoid (e.g. the HPFP on the E60's which we lived through).

Anyway, appreciate any comments.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 01:33 PM   #2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i xDrive

Yes, if you have the 19" wheels, then you will probably have problems with those tires. From what I understand and confirmed by the techs, there is no flex in the tire when you hit a pothole and the suspension bottomed out. So you either end up with one of 3 or a combination:

1. Busted tires or at least bubbles
2. Bent rims
3. Busted suspension

Something's got to give when you hit a pot hole at high speed. It will happen with the 18s as well if you're not careful, just less often.

The Dakota leather will have better wear than the Nappa but the Nappa feels and look better. I would say get Nappa if you like the Ivory White and Black interior. It looks far better than the beige Dakota leather.

Just get the factory wheel and tire insurance and you're set.
Most issues with the F10 have been ironed out.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 03:15 PM   #3
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

I've got 19s on my car with msport suspension. I've covered around 15000 miles now on Michelin Primacy tyres and other than 2 punctures the tyres have been fine. (they were both nails in the road) With the bad state of roads in the UK, I've encountered quite a few large potholes which I really did think would cause a problem but so far , ok.

The tyres seem to be pot luck as to which make end up on your car.

Enjoy your new car, the worst part is waiting for it to arrive!
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2015, 07:23 PM   #4
NewM3driver
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP

The M-sport option gives you those really nice wheels, one of the nicest steering wheels ever offered in a 5er, some very sweet body tweaks, the anthracite headliner, a stiffened up suspension, some M badges and some better leather options. Its a great value, really.

If you are going to buy a car that costs between 60 and 75 thousand dollars, don't be swayed by a company that insists on delivering very good cars with really shitty tires. Buy the car you want, and on the way home have the run flats removed and get some real rubber on the car. You will never regret it.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2015, 11:13 AM   #5
Grover432
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 535 XDrive

The Goodyears on 19's are easily damaged by potholes. Hit one in the fall and now have a vibration even though I can't find any bubbles on the tires. Now that my winter set is on I'll check with the tire store to see fi they can find the problem.

Personally I think you made a good choice picking the 535. I'd like a bit more power than I have but it is more than enough for daily driving and quite frankly I think the 550 has a bit more power than the suspension set up is comfortable with. The car just feels heavy on the front end. Driving an M5 is a different story though.

If you lease an your area has poor roads, I'd take the tire and wheel insurance. I didn't and probably should have.