2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding BMW Apps Retrofit

12-12-2017, 04:46 AM   #1
waringd
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 520D M Sport 2011

BMW Apps Retrofit

Hi,

I have been reading through these forums but chunks of information seem to be dotted around and was hoping some kind person could give me full assistance.

I am wanting to activate BMW Apps on my car. I enquired about it with Bimmertech and they said it is possible but it would also need a software update as well as the activation.

I do not mind getting my hands dirty with this as I have experience with programming etc just not with BMW.

I would kindly ask anyone who would like to help me the following information.

- What Software update do i need to do the the CIC.
- Where can I obtain the Activation Code
- What do i need to do to enter all this in my car.

I know that some have these have been answered in part across the forum, so I apologise forthe repetition however it would help me greatly if some kind person / people could help me get this done myself.

Also I would like to activate BMW Live and Internet, but that is just a side note.

I can provide any and all information required about my car if needed.

Thanks in advance all!
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2017, 06:58 PM   #2
Jhnblckwood
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 2014 320i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by waringd View Post
Hi,

I have been reading through these forums but chunks of information seem to be dotted around and was hoping some kind person could give me full assistance.

I am wanting to activate BMW Apps on my car. I enquired about it with Bimmertech and they said it is possible but it would also need a software update as well as the activation.

I do not mind getting my hands dirty with this as I have experience with programming etc just not with BMW.

I would kindly ask anyone who would like to help me the following information.

- What Software update do i need to do the the CIC.
- Where can I obtain the Activation Code
- What do i need to do to enter all this in my car.

I know that some have these have been answered in part across the forum, so I apologise forthe repetition however it would help me greatly if some kind person / people could help me get this done myself.

Also I would like to activate BMW Live and Internet, but that is just a side note.

I can provide any and all information required about my car if needed.

Thanks in advance all!
U prolly have to flash ur head unit wit latest psdzdata (at least a newer one with connected drive) that can b done with esys and enet cable (depending on model of car) then u need the fsc code from bimmertech or another vendor. I'll if u can get it directly from bmw but after u got the fsc u jus need to code the headunit and u should b good to go (that's al I can say without knowing ur car and setup)
No offense to bimmertech but I'm sure u can find fsc code and coding elsewhere cheaper. If u want msg me and I could help further.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2017, 07:56 PM   #3
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhnblckwood View Post
U prolly have to flash ur head unit wit latest psdzdata (at least a newer one with connected drive) that can b done with esys and enet cable (depending on model of car) then u need the fsc code from bimmertech or another vendor. I'll if u can get it directly from bmw but after u got the fsc u jus need to code the headunit and u should b good to go (that's al I can say without knowing ur car and setup)
No offense to bimmertech but I'm sure u can find fsc code and coding elsewhere cheaper. If u want msg me and I could help further.
DUDE!!!!! Use English and not text short-cuts. I know I can't read this!
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2017, 11:41 AM   #4
Jhnblckwood
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 2014 320i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
DUDE!!!!! Use English and not text short-cuts. I know I can't read this!
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2017, 04:30 PM   #5
gtthree
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F10 530d

try coding 6NR

you may get lucky on your firmware version in that you do not need a FSC code - see below a thread on e90

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=989008

as for coding - its all out there.
Appreciate 0