2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Helpful Tip for Navigation Voice Entry

12-21-2014, 12:36 AM   #1
Alpine550
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 Alpine 550i

Helpful Tip for Navigation Voice Entry

I love that with these BMWs I am still learning new features about the car even after having it for close to 2 years

I was never a big fan of the original Standard way of entering an address via the voice dictation.... the system would always get it wrong and it's also very annoying to have to putting the digits one by one, the full street address, city and state.

The work around is this: go to navigation >points of interest >online search > and select the speak button with your click when when you are on the screen to start entering in letters and numbers . You will have about 5 Seconds to record any phrase before google starts to analyze it.

This allows you to use Google search to speak an address or any points of interest in 1 fluid natural entry.

So for example if you need to enter an address all you need to say is - 123 ("One Twenty three Broadway Manhattan" or "Yankee Stadium"

It works about 99% !
Appreciate 0