2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum 2011 550i GT Passenger Window Not Rolling Up (Anti-Trap)

12-12-2022, 04:50 PM   #1
G4Designs
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 550i GT Dinan

Question 2011 550i GT Passenger Window Not Rolling Up (Anti-Trap)

I've been troubleshooting this issue for months now. My front passenger window will roll down with the half and full press functions, but it will only roll back up about 1 in 50 times. After the re-learning process, it MIGHT work for the next two or so clicks, but no more than that. I've not found ANY information on this beyond people suggesting to relearning or changing the regulator.

When I'm smashing the up button from the passenger or driver side in an attempt to get it to work, it makes two clicking sounds (like a relay closing) from both the driver side and passenger side.

The error code is low voltage, which makes sense with the inconsistent activation. Maybe?

I can't find which fuse or relay controls the window up function, though, and the relay and fuse diagrams aren't any help. I think this is the key.
  • Hold Button Re-Learning Process
  • ISTA+ Relearning Process
  • Tested w/o Passenger Window Button
  • Checked + Cleaned Window Button
  • Replaced Entire Regulator
  • Checked Relevant Fuses

I just finished replacing the regulator, hoping it would lead to some solution, but no. I have done the relearning process over fifty times. The only other things I can think of are to open the driver side switch panel and check for issues (if it's the master) and otherwise to track down the regulators involved.

Any help with this would be incredible! I'm at my limit with what I could research.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2022, 12:33 AM   #2
ceka
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 530d 11'

It goes up manually without an issue?
Is is just the auto feature that's having issues?

this is what I found
could be the contact strip fault.

https://www.bimmerfest.com/threads/p...376441&slide=1

https://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1118813
Appreciate 0