2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes Springs with DHP/ARS??

03-16-2013, 07:46 AM   #1
sexy_ninja_goat
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 E90, '10 RR Sport

Springs with DHP/ARS??

Hey guys. Quick question for you all.

Alan was kind enough to tell me that his ACS springs work great with his DDC. However I didn't ask about DHP/ARS.

Do any of you have the DHP or ARS with your DDC and have your 5er lowered with springs? Just wondering if it all works together or if there are specific set-ups to stay away from. I'd like to get the DDC and ARS combined in the DHP. But I also plan on putting ACS springs on. If it's a no-go set up I'll just save my money and get just the DDC as an option and skip the ARS.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks!
      03-16-2013, 11:35 AM   #2
Blkthght
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F10 M5 CP Singapore Grey

It's my understanding that the ACS springs would have no adverse impact on a car equipped with ars. That's what the ACS rep told me and several installers at various shops that i spoke with. Just to be safe I called up my bmw CA who sold me the car and he put in touch with a service advisor who sells the dinan springs. He basically said the same thing....which is the aftermarket springs do not affect any of the vehicles suspension or drive systems. However coilovers are a different story....but I have no intention on getting coilovers.

My car has ddc, ars, and ias (active steering) and I have an appointment next friday to get the acs springs. But dont just take my word for it, call up some bmw service departments and put the question to them also.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2013, 11:48 AM   #3
sexy_ninja_goat
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkthght View Post
It's my understanding that the ACS springs would have no adverse impact on a car equipped with ars. That's what the ACS rep told me and several installers at various shops that i spoke with. Just to be safe I called up my bmw CA who sold me the car and he put in touch with a service advisor who sells the dinan springs. He basically said the same thing....which is the aftermarket springs do not affect any of the vehicles suspension or drive systems. However coilovers are a different story....but I have no intention on getting coilovers.

My car has ddc, ars, and ias (active steering) and I have an appointment next friday to get the acs springs. But dont just take my word for it, call up some bmw service departments and put the question to them also.
I have my CA doing some research. He wasn't positive so he's supposed to be getting back to me. I have plenty of time to find out for sure. I'm not ordering until the MY14's are out. So just doing my due diligence now. I'd love to hear your impressions on your new setup once you get your springs in. Pics would be a + too!!!

Thanks for the info!
      03-30-2013, 04:55 AM   #4
sexy_ninja_goat
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkthght View Post

Any first impressions since getting the new springs installed? Did you go with Dinan?
      03-30-2013, 06:48 PM   #5
Tuffyboy
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M Sport 550i

I have ACS springs and ARS/DDC. The springs are great, way more stable into hard turns and in comfort on the freeway it doesn't bounce like a Lincoln with bad shocks. Hope this helps
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2013, 10:53 PM   #6
sexy_ninja_goat
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffyboy View Post
I have ACS springs and ARS/DDC. The springs are great, way more stable into hard turns and in comfort on the freeway it doesn't bounce like a Lincoln with bad shocks. Hope this helps
That is helpful thanks!! Did you have to have an alignment done as well?

I was set on doing the ACS springs, but I'm leaning more toward Dinan springs now. I love the look of the ACS drop, but I live in MN and in those instances where I may have to drive before the plows clear the road, the .5 extra may come in handy. I guess we'll see how it goes.

I think I'm going to get the full DHP though now that I know there are enough DHP + Spring setups out there with no issues.
      03-31-2013, 02:29 PM   #7
Tuffyboy
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M Sport 550i

I am sure Dinan are great- let's be honest it's just a spring so most reputable suppliers are probably even using the same manufacturer with their specific specs.

I found the ACS to be more solid than stock. I do like the height but car more about handling and less freeway bounce in comfort.

Used to make my kids nauseous with the throttle to the freeway and then the bounce while on the freeway in comfort. You don't want to get caught in sport doing 80+ and encounter an LA pothole.
Appreciate 0