2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums UK Help in coding connected apps/bluetooth

11-10-2014, 01:18 PM   #1
al2813
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 X50e 2024

Help in coding connected apps/bluetooth

Hi,
Am based in Belgium but as I don't see a lot of movement in the European section am posting here :-)

I have a BMW 520D from May 2013. It has the NBT Navi Professional but lacks the "extended bluetooth" option and the connected drive. I just got my ordered iphone 6 so via the USB cable been able to solve the more urgent issues I had with my previous Android phone. I can stream my music via the ipod function as well as via Deezer and tunein radio.

However, I would have liked to really use the ability of the NBT. Things like real time traffic, web radio from the idrive interface etc.. I have read a lot on the last couple of days on the forum and am pretty sure my hardware supports all of these but none of the options are present in the car (it is a company car I inherited - I did not order it originally so can't tell 100% what was ordered).

In a normal situation I would have tried coding myself, but being a leasing car I prefer expert help and pay for it if necessary.

Can someone give me a hand in:

- finding out exactly the config of my car and what I can add via coding
- offer me the coding help - I know this can be done remotely. I have tried to look for local help in Belgium but have not been very successful

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 04:13 AM   #2
dippo
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 LCI 520D SE Auto

Try this site for a VIN decoder:

http://www.rubmw.ru/vincode/eng/
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 05:18 AM   #3
al2813
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 X50e 2024

Many thanks Dippo - this worked nicely. So what I see is:
- I have 6NH - so I guess I need this coded to change to 6NS - extended bluetooth?
- I have S6AAA BMW TELESERVICES BMW TeleServices - but looking at my settings menu I cannot find this service active

So I guess I need help to change 6NH to 6NS and find a way to add the connected drive option (6NR)?
Appreciate 0