2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums UK Charging Pressure Actuator - code 299100

09-09-2023, 02:36 PM   #1
MichaelW
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 525d

Charging Pressure Actuator - code 299100

Hi all. I’m hoping somebody can help me please.

I’ve got a 2013 BMW 525d and it’s got a charging pressure actuator fault. I’ve replaced the actuator but the fault still exists.

I’ve checked it today and using ISTA+ I did an actuator test and it didn’t move. I disconnected the rod from the turbo to make sure the variable veins hadn’t stuck and they were free and the rod moves freely.

I got a second new actuator and plugged it in and ran the test again and it still didn’t move.

I unplugged it, removed the DDE and checked the continuity between all five wires at the actuator plug and the DDE plug. All the wires had continuity. I even striped back the loom and checked all five wires from one end to the other to make sure there was no damage. All the wires are fine.

I think I’m left with two options. It’s either going to be the DDE that’s faulty or there is a fuse blown somewhere.

So, my question is. Has anybody had issues with their DDE or does anybody know if the actuator has its own fuse, and if so where is it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated 😊

Many thanks,

Michael
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2023, 04:35 AM   #2
dennis3258
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 520D

Garage List
I have found a very interesting website which might help you out or at least guide you to a next step.

https://bmwfault.codes
Appreciate 0