2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Iphone BMW app works great in the US - YES

10-28-2010, 12:38 AM   #23
nosnoop
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 5 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jblackbelt View Post
unfortunately there is no actual default pin, its whatever your CA would use as a default. best answer i have would be to contact your dealer. sorry i cant be of more help
What format is your PIN?
Just numbers or alpha-numeric? And how many digits?
TIA.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 11:42 AM   #24
wjhughes420384
Rep
Drives: 2009 750Li - Space Grau Metal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwstates View Post
Hi all. I have been following this forum for some time and wanted to contribute with something that many people have been wondering about.

I just tested the bmw iphone remote app on my car. And it worked.

Most of you would say that the iphone app is not available to the US market. But, here are the steps that you can take and start using it right here in the US.

1. Create an itunes account in the UK (you may provide a random address). You can do that even if you live here in the US. The only constraint is you can't purchase apps that are not free. But "My BMW Remote" iphone app is for free. So, you can download it without a problem on your PC/Mac.

2. Transfer the app to your iphone.

3. You will get two options - demo mode or actual registration. Click on the latter.

4. Enter your BMW Assist account user name (This is the email you provided BMW the day you bought the car. It gets active right away. I was able to use the app a few hours after I got the car).

5. Enter the password that you provided your dealer when setting up the BMW Assist account.

6. You get a new screen asking for a password again. It is the same password.

7. You will see a screen that shows exactly your car's model and color. Click on it (not on the arrow). Here you may set up pin code for privacy.

8. Now you can start using all functions of My BMW Remore iphone app: a) remote open and lock the car; b) find the location of your car; c) sound the horn; d) flash the headlights. All of these are working great, and yes, here in the US.

What I am missing is remote climate contol and the ability to send google addresses right from within the app.

I hope this will help you start using this great app. It works with a delay (about 30 seconds). But, it is great to have that option.

Let me know how yours is working.

Cheers
okay if i go to uk itunes it asks me to download itunes will that wipe out the itunes account i have on this computer? can i create an itunes account without downloading itunes?
      10-29-2010, 03:24 PM   #25
MBlack78
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Lexus GS300 AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jblackbelt View Post
unfortunately there is no actual default pin, its whatever your CA would use as a default. best answer i have would be to contact your dealer. sorry i cant be of more help
But the PIN is still unique to the individual BMW assist account, correct?
      10-29-2010, 08:43 PM   #26
lindros2
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535i M-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBlack78 View Post
From my experience, the PIN on the iPhone app is DIFFERENT from the PIN on the BMW Assist account.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 10:38 PM   #27
nosnoop
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjhughes420384 View Post
okay if i go to uk itunes it asks me to download itunes will that wipe out the itunes account i have on this computer? can i create an itunes account without downloading itunes?
Download iTunes? No, that is not necessary.
Just click on the country flag in the right lower corner, and change the location to UK. That's it; no program to download.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 10:41 PM   #28
nosnoop
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosnoop View Post
What format is your PIN?
Just numbers or alpha-numeric? And how many digits?
TIA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBlack78 View Post
OK, answering my own question.

You only need the BMW Assist username (your registered email address) and your own selected password (your dealer would enter that password into your BMW Assist account) - that's it. That's all you need to login to iPhone App BMW Connected drive.

Once you login, you will be asked to optionally key your own 4 digit PIN to protect the App (like iPhone password lock) - but that's local to your iPhone and has nothing to do with BMW Assist.

So only registered username and password with BMW Assist. No PIN necessary for me.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2010, 10:22 AM   #29
lindros2
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535i M-S

Quote:
Download iTunes? No, that is not necessary.
Just click on the country flag in the right lower corner, and change the location to UK. That's it; no program to download.
I had to register a UK account on a computer, but download from iTunes UK via iPhone/iPod Touch.

You actually *can't* download on a computer, since the "owner" email address will be out of sync with the one on the device.

(This situation - changing email accounts - incidentally used to clear off all music/applications, but thankfully does not for the past 4-5 years)
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2010, 01:15 PM   #30
BobDyl
Rep
Drives: 5-series

Got this to work. Turns out you need to enter the pin twice in the app (once as pin, once as password) to get through the login. Lock/Unlock worked in US, sending map did not.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2010, 05:37 PM   #31
HouseofPang
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 528i

Here is a more detailed version incase anyone else have issues

To create UK account w/o cc info
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2534

Login using your new account
During the creation it will ask you to purchase a free app, if you picked My BMW Remote, you might need to buy it again if you don't see it in your App list.

Sync your itunes with iphone, you won't lost settings or apps from your other account. Check in your Iphone App list inside iTunes to see if My BMW Remote is installed.

Like everyone else said, log in with your email.com and BMW Assist pin code. If you dont know what it is, SOS in your car and they will change/add/reset info for you.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2010, 08:30 PM   #32
salamigs
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i

Unfortunately changing the password in the US for BMW assist somehow does not affect this application. I changed it and my old password is still functional with the application not my new one.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2010, 05:47 PM   #33
bamboozle
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 550I

I just tested this program in Fort Lauderdale and it takes seconds for the doors to unlock, lock, sound horn or flash lights. It also located my car
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2010, 02:33 PM   #34
romanvn106
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: e93 m3, gs350

hey whats the name of the app please?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2010, 02:53 PM   #35
nosnoop
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by romanvn106 View Post
hey whats the name of the app please?
"My BMW Remote"
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 01:12 AM   #36
MBPOR
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 535i F10

I can not login via iPhone app nor web site(Liked below)

https://www.bmw-assist-login.com/cdp...n?locale=en_EN

I contacted BMW assist for confirming id=my email, pswd = setup via SOS button.
BMW assist forwarded my call to BMW NA service and they did addressed the issue was BMW assist. BMW assist customer service didi not know anything about the link above neither iphone app.

I still can not to login. I just can not figure out how other US friends could logon....
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 04:35 PM   #37
O.S.
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: F10 535xi Msport

Connected drive portal not available in Canada. So the app is no good for us here. May be in the future...
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2011, 01:42 AM   #38
nosnoop
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.S. View Post
Connected drive portal not available in Canada. So the app is no good for us here. May be in the future...
What do you mean?
"My BMW Remote" works fine in Canada.
Everything works except the Google Local Search "Send to Vehicle" function.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2011, 05:07 PM   #39
O.S.
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: F10 535xi Msport

Where do i get the login info? Bmw assist said not available. Dealer said not available?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.S. View Post
What do you mean?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 12:03 PM   #40
MusclezMarinara
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: VALNCYA

Garage List
anyone know where to get the BMW assist info from>
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2011, 10:17 AM   #41
Neutrino45
Major
Rep
Drives: XXX

FYI, you don't need to download a new versioin of iTunes or register an UK account on the web. Everything can be done via your existing iTunes software. Here is how I did it. http://www.**************/showthread....E-on-my-iPhone

I found my BMW Assist email address and password from my BMW Assist welcome letter. If you don't have it, you should be able to get it directly from BMW Assist.

Another thing, I'm able to use the app on my MY06/2008 car. So it doesn't hurt to install the app and see if it works or not. Good luck!
      05-22-2011, 05:18 PM   #42
campbelly
AC Schnitzel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi

Quote:
What do you mean?
i was able to log in from canada using my assist email/password...i see only one of my cars on the account (the f10) but i cant do anything..whenever i go to find the vehicle/horn/lock it just says vehicle is not responding

how did you get it to connect the first time? thanks!
      05-22-2011, 11:50 PM   #43
JPHender
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1999 528i, 2011 528i Sport

OK, so I was able to download and install the app, but I can't log in. I used the email and password that I used when I activated BMW Assist. I'm in the US.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 02:01 AM   #44
joey5622
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 535xi

if anyone has a jailbroken iphone, you can download it straight up on your phone using installous! just search for bmw and it'll be there.
Appreciate 0