2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications F10 550i ECU Tune by Gintani. UPDATE Page 3 DYNO #s

04-17-2015, 02:56 PM   #287
badblack550xi
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 550i 2011 F90 2020 COMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatbmw View Post
Cool, so someone else is going to have to hit up the 1/4 mile and provide you and everyone else who is interested in times/traps.

All I did was get my car tuned and provided dyno numbers.

This thread turned into something it wasn't intended for it to become.
And you were a large contributor to the misdirection of it.

I've never once said enzo, ams, br are bad company's or they don't make tunes or there tunes are as good as others. (Because that is off topic, and has nothing to do with this thread and most importantly because I dont care)

Just my personal experience with Gintani and the tune I got from them.
You asked where their tuned 550 cars are so I replied glad you like forum racing Dinan is for you.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 04:03 PM   #288
combatbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 20' X3M CP

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by badblack550xi View Post
You asked where their tuned 550 cars are so I replied glad you like forum racing Dinan is for you.

Your reply was dumb. Cars in Europe and in Asia cool. None of them seem to use the forum.

I'm a forum racer now? To be a forum racer shouldn't you have to say things like my car is faster then yours or my tune is the best.

I've never once said that.

So now your throwing personal attacks. Cool.

Last edited by combatbmw; 04-17-2015 at 04:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 04:30 PM   #289
FenixMike
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5 Competition

AJ does his own tunes... he sent me a few dynos from the M5s he does similar to mine where he has boost come on from 3K and higher to avoid wheel spin, and also change codes and characteristics for cars with downpipes/no cats and aftermarket turbos.

Id have to imagine there are a few shops capable of writing code and doing the tunes, and likely many more shops that just pay someone else to do it and resell it. Hell, im contracted to 3 different shops myself to tune GM and Ford stuff, none of it goes under my name, I just receive my payment and go on my merry way without ever meeting the customer.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 04:35 PM   #290
badblack550xi
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Your reply was dumb. Cars in Europe and in Asia cool. None of them seem to use the forum.

I'm a forum racer now? To be a forum racer shouldn't you have to say things like my car is faster then yours or my tune is the best.

I've never once said that.

So now your throwing personal attacks. Cool.
Well duh didn't you get the memo that me and you don't like each other ?
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 04:37 PM   #291
badblack550xi
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenixMike View Post
AJ does his own tunes... he sent me a few dynos from the M5s he does similar to mine where he has boost come on from 3K and higher to avoid wheel spin, and also change codes and characteristics for cars with downpipes/no cats and aftermarket turbos.

Id have to imagine there are a few shops capable of writing code and doing the tunes, and likely many more shops that just pay someone else to do it and resell it. Hell, im contracted to 3 different shops myself to tune GM and Ford stuff, none of it goes under my name, I just receive my payment and go on my merry way without ever meeting the customer.
That basically it in the BMW world one company cracks and and provides most of the tunes another company resell it and claims it's the best. Others do tune but still with toold from original coder in this case it's BR
Appreciate 1
      04-17-2015, 05:08 PM   #292
combatbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 20' X3M CP

Garage List
Quote:
Well duh didn't you get the memo that me and you don't like each other ?
Just glad you were the 1st one to mention it.
I wouldn't bash anything you say just because I think your a giant tool.
I would only bash you as I would anyone who is incorrect about something and needs a bashing.

Your intake thing is a cool idea, and clearly I can't stand you but your efforts for an intake is interesting.
So I'm not on your thread bashing your efforts.

Called Class buddy, try gathering some.
Retired:2015 M5 CP MSR Intake|Carbon Fiber Fender Vents|Meisterschaft GTC catback with LXR mid pipes and ER Catless DPs | BPMSPORT Stage II Tune | RKP Rear Diffuser and Challenge Center piece |RKP Front Lip| Painted Reflectors | H&R Springs | Strasse SM5R Carbon Fiber Wheels | Nitto R888 |
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 05:34 PM   #293
badblack550xi
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Just glad you were the 1st one to mention it.
I wouldn't bash anything you say just because I think your a giant tool.
I would only bash you as I would anyone who is incorrect about something and needs a bashing.

Your intake thing is a cool idea, and clearly I can't stand you but your efforts for an intake is interesting.
So I'm not on your thread bashing your efforts.

Called Class buddy, try gathering some.
I like being bold buddy
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 07:55 PM   #294
FenixMike
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5 Competition

Well on that note...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-18-2015, 11:36 AM   #295
ARC550
Major
Rep
Drives: M3, X5, 720s, X5, 750xi

Dont Matter From Who Or What.
I Just Care About Getting A Great Tune To Go Fast So I Can Dyno And Crush 1/4 Times.
Appreciate 1
      08-24-2015, 02:10 AM   #296
hoddis
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARC550 View Post
Dont Matter From Who Or What.
I Just Care About Getting A Great Tune To Go Fast So I Can Dyno And Crush 1/4 Times.
Speaking of which...been some time now. Any update?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2016, 02:42 PM   #297
Taynice87
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 550i Gran Turismo

Quote:
I like being bold buddy
Hey badblack550Xi

There is a company that HAS CRACKED THE ECU ON THE
N63 ENGINE AND THEY HAVE INSTALLED THE APLINE B7
TURBOS TO A 550I SEDAN BUT DIDN'T GET TO TUNE THE CAR DUE TO
Circumstances

FROM A REGULAR TUNE NO UPGRADES JUST STOCK
GAINS ARE TO THE WHEELS
85 BHP
110 TRQ

Technica Motorsports
Atlanta ga
678-965-5577

I've research this company very well they know what there doing call them or you can email me at m.sherman2010@gmail.com looking for any type of another upgrade to the N63 BESIDES COLD AIR INTAKE OR DOWNPIPES OR EXHAUST WHAT ELSE IS OUT THERE
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2016, 03:03 PM   #298
gclions
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i

Gave them a call, super helpful. They can do it, but...

They said if you have a newer software update, it can't be tuned because they can't break the encryption. If by some chance you don't have the new software, and you can get the tune...you can never update the software again.

Pricing was steep, I won't post it, but if you are interested and your car software supports it...give them a call. It will require your ECU being flown off.

Bummed out, but at least shops are still trying to crack them.
      03-02-2016, 04:16 PM   #299
belal242
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11 F10 550xi

Garage List
2011 550xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gclions View Post

They said if you have a newer software update, it can't be tuned because they can't break the encryption. If by some chance you don't have the new software, and you can get the tune...you can never update the software again.

Pricing was steep, I won't post it, but if you are interested and your car software supports it...give them a call. It will require your ECU being flown off.

If this is true, it is really good news. The biggest problem for the N63 was just cracking that damn ECU.

Looks like they found a way in, The software, I would imagine can be set back to the older setting if someone can find the file, copy it, re-install, then flash?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2016, 05:44 PM   #300
badblack550xi
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gclions View Post

this was the case with my tune... one day before getting it tuned on old software my car need some work and they put latest and tuner could not longer tune it.
      03-02-2016, 05:44 PM   #301
gclions
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I don't think it's that simple, what I got from him is once the software is updated there's no going back.

Besides, I think some other tuners had similar results but can't figure out how to make the tune universal for all 2011-13 N63s. This isn't a dead end, but this road seems like a one-way.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2016, 08:35 AM   #302
550Reasons
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 550i

With the CCP on going, I think most 550s will have the latest ecu software ... which becomes pointless then, because without the CCP the engine might blow with more power from a flash tune ...

I personally have given up on any hopes for that to happen. In a year or so I will most likely be getting a M5 for my speed junky self.
2016 550i
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2016, 08:42 AM   #303
gclions
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I'm shopping for an M5 as well, though prices are still mid-60's for a 2013 with decent mileage. In the interim I plan on continuing to drive the 550i hard, and if something pops up before the end of the year to give it another bump in power I may stick with it a little longer. I've been frustrated with my car for the various problems it has had, but none of it cost me much out of pocket. I drove a new Mustang GT for kicks and it did nothing for me, though a GT350 might be a different story. I think for the foreseeable future it will be BMWs for me, tough to replace the torque, ride quality, and interior.
      03-03-2016, 10:53 AM   #304
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
BMW motors can take a lot of abuse. I'm not saying you can't blow it up, just saying they can beyond the limits more then you think. I know my motor has. There are several layers of fail safes, I'm not sure if that's true on other cars. I've had my frustrations with BMW too, but never had a major repair that wasn't covered by them. I've even had turbos fully covered by them.
535i MIssion Performance, PS2, Helix HPFP Kit, Wagner FMIC, Spec 3 clutch, Steel SMF, Wolf Racing CP, UUC SSK, GFB dv, SprintBooster, Custom Dynomax Exhaust, M5 Sways, Eibach OE Springs, Koni Sports Adjustable, Custom Short Ram CAI

IG: @bmwdoubles
Appreciate 1
      03-04-2016, 02:38 AM   #305
MissionPerformance
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F31 340xi US Spec

Garage List
Yep, that is right for sure. BMWs have very advanced protection levels implemented. Many people do not know that even transmission and xdrive modules have certain levels of safeguards implimented in coding, on top of your basic software.

Our cars still have downfalls with quiet few things from failing early n63 to hpfp but many times BMW does step in and cover us. Just remember, be nice to your service advisors and become friends with service managers. As dealerships actually make good money on warranty repairs, they are motivated to get you covered under warranty, even if you blow your motor and it's your fault.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2017, 09:52 AM   #306
535_BiTurbo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 550I - BMS Stg 1 & CAI

Quote:
My official Review:

Well I finally picked up my car today. I'm going to be flat out w/this, I was very skeptical when doing this just because of all the bs I've dealt with in regards of tuning the F10.

With that being said, Im absolutely puzzled on how the car is responding.
Its so damn smooth, just driving around town the car just feels so good. I had a minor jitter on the freeway which I was thinking was due to the downpipes, that is gone.

Now for the performance part, there is an Incredible, ridiculous, insane difference with what I was use to driving before the flash.

It wasn't a "oh I feel it" or "ya there was a gain", the words I choose above are dead on. The craziest part of all is sports+ mode, obviously when you go from comfort to sports+ there is a nice difference stock or w/a piggy back.
But here is the crazy thing, now in sports+ the car is literally NUTS.

The throttle is super sensitive and the response is baffling.
The shifts are harder then before, the car pulls harder then it ever has, and its beyond noticeable, and the thing that was most shocking is over 5k it just keeps pulling. You wont get this and be like it was a nice gain, or it helped. It will shock you.

Alex @ Gintani told me to take it for a spin and come back.
Turned on my car and left and experienced everything I wrote above.. when I came back, I literally gave him a hug. I was shocked and clearly wasn't prepared for what I just experienced.

So my conclusion is, if you have a N63TU YOU need this, you need this so badly. I guarantee after the flash you will drive the car and be in shock at the difference it makes.
Changes everything about what you think the 550 can do.

So do yourselves a favor and call Gintani and order the damn thing.
I'm so glad I was convinced to take my car to them to be the ginny pig, because I really didn't want to at 1st due too the past bullsh*t w/other companys.

Gintani is the real deal.

PS: if you have a RWD you will now have traction problems in 2nd gear.
Any 1/4 numbers and 60-130
Appreciate 0