2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Hey, new member to this forum and to BMW in general, help me get started....

07-05-2011, 04:05 PM   #1
Mfizzle
Rep
Drives: 535i Xdrive Msport

Hey, new member to this forum and to BMW in general, help me get started....

So long story short i sold my very tastefully modded audi S5 and just got a new 535i xdrive with M sports package......Theres a hand full of mods if like to do but dont even know where to start. Im sure im repeating every thread all in one shot but hey im that type of guy lol at least i apologize but if ur looking to help me i appreciate it

Things id like to do
Engine Chip/Ecu tune
my last car was tuned by audi through stasis and i got to keep my warranty, problem is tuning a non turbo v8 gets you zero gains and a waste of money. With this 535 engine id love to see and feel some gains
Rear Deck "lip"
Ive seen small lips to put on the trunk that i think would look nice but not sure which is the best company for me, i had a pain getting my audi's rear window lip to stay on (stupid black puddy was needed to stick it on, id like something easy wit 3m tape)
Kidney grills and other parts blacked out
Things like the side marker, grill, anything crome that i can color match to fit my car seemlessly
Exhaust
I cant even hear when my car is on unlike my audi that had the nicest and most manly exhaust note ive ever heard, nothing abusive but def would love a decent exhaust
Sprint booster
I feel like the v6 that the 535 has isnt nearly as strong as my audi's v8. i feel like im stepping on the gas just to get a aggressive move from a red light...im not a racer but i do want a responsive and quick car

Please lemme kno if there is any other mods that havent come to mind...i like to make my cars unique and my own. ill post pics of new mods and my old audi to show you guys my taste once i start making moves.....thanks in advance, lemme kno
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 04:16 PM   #2
Touring
Major
Norway
Rep
Drives: i3,E21,M2,E23, Skoda Kodiaq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfizzle View Post
[INDENT]I feel like the v6 that the 535 has isnt nearly as strong as my audi's v8.
V6? Open the hood an look at your engine.

This is a good site to start:

http://www.ac-schnitzer.de/en/bmw-ca.../general-info/

The black grill you can buy at BMW, black side indicators I found on ebay.

Take a look at Lacster`s car. Its perfect.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 04:29 PM   #3
LACSTER
Major General
Rep
Drives: Hybrid

Thanks Touring

If your F10 is Alpine White I have this for sale.

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=552457
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 04:30 PM   #4
Mfizzle
Rep

I ment inline 6 but still i want to figure out the best way to tune and or chip my car along with exhaust and sprint booster to make it feel like my old v8
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 04:33 PM   #5
Mfizzle
Rep

my car is dark graphite metallic 2, i love that spoiler tho, where can i buy it lol
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 04:45 PM   #6
LACSTER
Major General
Rep
Drives: Hybrid

Quote:
my car is dark graphite metallic 2, i love that spoiler tho, where can i buy it lol
I got the OEM BMW performance one and you can get that from you BMW parts department or go the replica route here

http://www.jl-motoring.com/BMW_F10_P...p/bmts1001.htm
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 06:55 AM   #7
LuvMyE92
Occasionally frequent poster
Rep
Drives: CT5V-Blackwing

Quote:
I ment inline 6 but still i want to figure out the best way to tune and or chip my car along with exhaust and sprint booster to make it feel like my old v8
I don't think you'll ever get the porky 535 to feel like that V8 did in the S5. I test drove one of those and was very impressed.

I'm curious though, why did you get rid of the Audi?
Past: E24,E28(3),E34,E36,E37,E38(2),E39(4),E46,E89,E92 (obviously),F01,F06,F10,F30,F87,G12,G30(2),G82(2)
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 07:23 AM   #8
gauthierserkijn
BMW newly converted :)
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW 535d (F10)

Hi there

I drove an S5 for a year before ordering my 535d at the beginning of this year.

Definitely not the same car, not the same purpose either (imo).

I'd rather go for a 335i if you want to "start" feeling the same sensations.

The 5 series is heavier, firmer on the road, it's a different philosophy but a good car also.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 11:18 AM   #9
Mfizzle
Rep

i got rid of the audi cause i was in good equity on it's lease, basically i got out 5 months early.....you are correct these cars are day and night, i feel like im floating on a cloud in this beamer lol dont get me wrong, im not lookin for a rocket to spank onto the 535 i just wanna chip it and have it more responsive and quick on its wheels. So any ecu/chip mods anyone can recommend? sprint booster?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 02:04 PM   #10
Sharbotcom
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 535xi M Sport

http://burgertuning.com/N55_Jb_BMW_P...nce_Tuner.html
      07-06-2011, 02:40 PM   #11
Mfizzle
Rep

I sent them an email but if u dont mind exlpain what exactly they offer (is it a piggyback or ecu reflash) and what are the gains....also its $400?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 02:43 PM   #12
Sharbotcom
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 535xi M Sport

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=540199 read through these posts (and others in the section). You'll get a better undestanding.
      07-06-2011, 02:47 PM   #13
GMP - MATTHEW
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

Welcome to the forum! Hamann has rear wings and an exhaust as well as Remus Exhaust has something for your car too. Just depends if you like to get your stuff all at the same place or not. Supersprint and Eisenmann both have exhausts for your car but typically takes several weeks to get. Usually Remus and Hamann have their systems on the shelf ready to ship as well as the roof and trunk spoilers via Hamann are almost always in stock ready to ship. Below are some pictures since us guys are visual people Welcome again and congrats on the new 5 series. Oh yeah forgot, sprintbooster does make a unit for your car and its switchable too, and Dinan and Active Autowerke both have software upgrades to get some more power out of that beast...

Hamann Aero
http://www.hamann-motorsport.com/en/...s/f10/gallery/

Hamann Exhaust
http://www.hamann-motorsport.com/en/...haust-systems/
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 04:59 PM   #14
marcielago
Private First Class
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: SG F10 550i MSport, CB E39 M5

The N55 has a lot of potential, especially that its a FI engine.

Even though the guys at the E9X Forum (3 series) say that the N54 engine has a better tuning potential than N55 engines, I think that with the gains you might get from your motor you might be very impressed. Those guys at that forum have made a very good contribution to the BMW tuning world, you might look there and see what kind of stuff they have.

In terms of the sprint booster I personally am not convinced of the way it works. Based on my search on the web and the people who have tried it, it actually does not give you more power (whp). I have yet to see any proof of what they claim.

Its been years since the last time I have heard of Sprint Booster, there might be some improvements over the years. But it basically reprograms the throttle response of your car as far as I can remember. Its good if you want a change in how the car reacts from a standstill but, if you are planning on programming/piggy back your car, then throttle response will be taken care of.

Tuning-wise there is three widely used piggy back options you might look into.
- Procede
- BMS
- Cobb

Even though I am pro one of those products, I will not mention which in order to stay on track. It is your own opinion which matters at the end. Other solutions you might find is reprogramming your OEM ECU. I am not sure which of those has been implemented on our F10's but you might wanna look into GIAC, Active Autowerks.

I think that's enough typing for me today. Hope this helps...
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2011, 10:05 AM   #15
Mfizzle
Rep

def does thanks, keep the info coming people, im learning more every day!
Appreciate 0