2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Frozen iDrive screen...

05-05-2023, 07:46 AM   #1
musclesmarinara75
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW F10 N55 535i XDrive

Garage List
2013 535 XDrive  [9.75]
Question Frozen iDrive screen...

Hey guys, you guys have any issues with your iDrive screen freezing up and not being able to change tracks on your music, or not being able to switch to a different media?.. I just bought a Pixel 7 phone and lately while playing Spotify or any other music app, the screen acts all wacky, goes frozen, and can't switch anything on it, have to shut car off and wait.. sometimes the same song is on there even when the bluetooth is off on the phone.. it won't play, just stuck on the screen???
      05-05-2023, 11:44 AM   #2
SWFLf10
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpina B6, 2015 535i

Garage List
I did have some issues when I had the original NBT head unit, but since my upgrade to the NBT EVO, I haven’t had any of these issues. CarPlay really made it all a smoother experience for me. It’s almost like the original system just can’t handle the way the newer phones try to connect and send media. Just my thoughts on it.

I never did find a solution before I decided to upgrade.

And instead of shutting off the car, try pushing in the volume knob to reset it. You have to hold it for like 30 seconds or maybe a bit longer. Keeps you from having to shut off the car if you’re driving somewhere and want to reset it.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2023, 03:19 PM   #3
musclesmarinara75
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW F10 N55 535i XDrive

Garage List
2013 535 XDrive  [9.75]
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFLf10 View Post
I did have some issues when I had the original NBT head unit, but since my upgrade to the NBT EVO, I haven’t had any of these issues. CarPlay really made it all a smoother experience for me. It’s almost like the original system just can’t handle the way the newer phones try to connect and send media. Just my thoughts on it.

I never did find a solution before I decided to upgrade.

And instead of shutting off the car, try pushing in the volume knob to reset it. You have to hold it for like 30 seconds or maybe a bit longer. Keeps you from having to shut off the car if you’re driving somewhere and want to reset it.
I think your right about the old original units not being able to connect with these newer faster phones, but seem all apple products hook-up fine, ...android always an issue recently... Ima try pushing in the volume knob see what happens then.. if not... looks like NBT EVO for me lol