2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum New owner, new mods incoming

07-21-2017, 09:24 AM   #89
Ickdeep
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F10 M5 | '15 F15 X5

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [10.00]
2013 BMW M5 [SOLD]  [10.00]
2013 BMW 535i [SOLD]  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post

alot of CG's dressings can be used for tires or vinyl. but for the tires just put enough and don't over do it! i would see alot of YouTube videos where guys would completely hose their tires with tire dressing dripping wet!
I'm not sure how everyone else does it but I always put the shine on a towel or application pad and then put it on the tire; never direct from the bottle to the tire.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2017, 12:36 AM   #90
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickdeep View Post
I'm not sure how everyone else does it but I always put the shine on a towel or application pad and then put it on the tire; never direct from the bottle to the tire.
Yup! Same here!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2017, 11:06 AM   #91
jjh2oman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickdeep View Post
Quote:

alot of CG's dressings can be used for tires or vinyl. but for the tires just put enough and don't over do it! i would see alot of YouTube videos where guys would completely hose their tires with tire dressing dripping wet!
This is what I use and this is the foam pad I use to apply it. The gel really lasts a long time and looks nice without being too glossy I think. Here are some photos of the tires now which hopefully will prove my innocence of not having glossy tires, aside from maybe the first 10 minutes before it fully soaks in. I may try the Silk shine though when this bottle is done, always looking to find better products, so I appreciate the recommendation.
Attached Images

07-22-2017, 11:55 AM   #92
The Beast
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: VW Transporter Sportline

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjh2oman View Post
This is what I use and this is the foam pad I use to apply it. The gel really lasts a long time and looks nice without being too glossy I think. Here are some photos of the tires now which hopefully will prove my innocence of not having glossy tires, aside from maybe the first 10 minutes before it fully soaks in. I may try the Silk shine though when this bottle is done, always looking to find better products, so I appreciate the recommendation.
Nice satin finish to that product

I just use a 3" paint brush that I use solely for tyre shine, allows me to get under the rim protector without applying to the wheel...
Appreciate 3
Ickdeep5715.50
Kyngofpop676.00
      07-22-2017, 05:14 PM   #93
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
that's the finish i'm looking for! i'll let you know how the Natural Shine Satin looks when UPS delivers it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
Nice satin finish to that product

I just use a 3" paint brush that I use solely for tyre shine, allows me to get under the rim protector without applying to the wheel...
aaayyyyy...that's a great idea. never thought of using a paint brush!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 1
The Beast268.00
      09-04-2017, 03:32 AM   #94
jjh2oman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

The first new project I already mentioned somewhere on the forum is the M5 exhaust. I have the M5 diffuser going for painting this week or next depending on when I can drop it off. I also ordered the exhaustmeister. Now I'm really seriously debating an x-pipe, but I'm concerned it may make it too loud for my daily. Any input is greatly appreciated.

The 2nd project was completed tonight after everyone else went to bed, so I don't have great pictures now but will get some tomorrow. This was suggested by the guys on this thread, and I thank you, because I think it turned out great. It's a small mod but sometimes those are the ones you like the most. I switched to IND body color side markers.

This is a 5 minute install and very easy and safe if you use painters tape and some spare plastic cards (mine were from a recent Dave & Buster's trip). It's as easy as pushing on 3 tabs: front first to loosen it up, followed by the top middle tab, followed by the bottom middle tab. The old one just pops out on LCI cars and has no wire connected or anything like pre-LCI has.
Attached Images

09-04-2017, 07:14 AM   #95
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The first new project I already mentioned somewhere on the forum is the M5 exhaust. I have the M5 diffuser going for painting this week or next depending on when I can drop it off. I also ordered the exhaustmeister. Now I'm really seriously debating an x-pipe, but I'm concerned it may make it too loud for my daily. Any input is greatly appreciated.

The 2nd project was completed tonight after everyone else went to bed, so I don't have great pictures now but will get some tomorrow. This was suggested by the guys on this thread, and I thank you, because I think it turned out great. It's a small mod but sometimes those are the ones you like the most. I switched to IND body color side markers.

This is a 5 minute install and very easy and safe if you use painters tape and some spare plastic cards (mine were from a recent Dave & Buster's trip). It's as easy as pushing on 3 tabs: front first to loosen it up, followed by the top middle tab, followed by the bottom middle tab. The old one just pops out on LCI cars and has no wire connected or anything like pre-LCI has.
the only concern i have with the x-pipe is drone. mine are still on but my muffler guy said he can run straight pipes back from the DP to the mufflers. he said the tone will be very much noticeable but said droning is a possiblity? those side markers look great!
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2017, 11:07 AM   #96
jjh2oman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

the only concern i have with the x-pipe is drone. mine are still on but my muffler guy said he can run straight pipes back from the DP to the mufflers. he said the tone will be very much noticeable but said droning is a possiblity? those side markers look great!
You bring up a great point, I can't risk having the dreaded drone. Plus, I can always add an x pipe maybe a resonated one later if I feel I need it. I saw supersprint has a sale going on now and it had me half ready to throw them way too much $ on an x pipe.
      09-04-2017, 05:23 PM   #97
jjh2oman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Grabbed a quick shot on the way out the door. These side markers are a perfect match. I like them more than I expected to to be honest.
Attached Images

03-15-2018, 09:08 PM   #98
jjh2oman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Exhaust install is going down

This was the scene earlier today. I finally got the M5 exhaust and diffuser installed. I picked the car up tonight so only got to drive it in rush hour traffic. However, I can already tell this is my favorite modification on the car. Loving the sound. I'll try to get some pics up this weekend. The shop did a great job lining everything up just right. I still have to install the exhaustmeister and a couple other little goodies, but instantly the car is more fun and lively. Can't recommend this modification enough.
Attached Images

03-17-2018, 07:19 AM   #99
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Awesome! can't wait to see the pictures!
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2018, 02:32 PM   #100
jjh2oman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Awesome! can't wait to see the pictures!
Ask and you shall receive. Dirty car and all.
Attached Images

ThaiBruin170.50
      03-17-2018, 05:27 PM   #101
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Oh yeah! sits perfectly past the diffuser
Appreciate 1
      03-21-2018, 12:39 AM   #102
jjh2oman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Just installed the exhaustmeister tonight. Very straightforward install with good instructions. I finished about 10PM, so I couldn't really test it out except to ensure it worked at idle. Tomorrow's trip to work should be a good time though.
ThaiBruin170.50