2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics DIY Guides & Discussions retrofitting active seats into 2011 535xi

11-09-2014, 07:10 AM   #1
acowanss
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 bmw 650xi F12

retrofitting active seats into 2011 535xi

I bought a pair of active seats from a wrecked 2012 550xi and want to install them into my 2011 535xi. I installed one yesterday but the pin layout on the new seat harness is slightly different then the pin layout on the harness (the large yellow plug) coming from the car. Of course, the new seat shows no signs of power once plugged into the cars harness.

There must be way to make this work as the seat has all of the controls on it (rather than on the door or console as the 7 series does) and basically is getting power, heated seat commands and the SRS connectivity information from the car via the harness- I'm thinking there must be a way to change the pin layout on the harness so it works and am looking for someone with expertise in the electrical wiring / schematic areas of the car for advice or any advice on how to get these nicer seats to work in my car? The existing seats are the basic stock seats (heated).

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by acowanss; 11-09-2014 at 07:11 AM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2015, 09:25 AM   #2
drantispy
Private
Rep
Drives: M5 E60

I manage to retrofit comfort fully electric seats in my F10 that had semi electric seats with heating. I might be able to assist you. Please let me know what kind of seats do you have in your car at the moment. Please post the pin layout and colors of both seats. For ie:
Pin 1: red
Pin2: abc
Pn3 : xxx
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2015, 11:25 AM   #3
Mahovic
Rep
Drives: Bmw f10

comfort seats

I need help with my comfort seat...i also had semi elektric seats and installd it with comfort seats with memory everything went well intill i had no power to the seats.Do i need to program/code my seats and will it work without the cables to the memory buttons on the doors???

Greatfull for any replayes.

Sorry for my bad english
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2024, 11:26 AM   #4
Lady_n52
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 528i

Just want to revive this post as I am trying to do this in my 2011 528i, Mine came with heated memory seats. They bolt in and I plugged in my original module but they don't work. Did coding in bimmercode but seats won't move with button. However if I press the memory button or move them manually in bimmer code they work. Any idea whats wrong. I am getting a communication error.
Appreciate 0