2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics DIY Guides & Discussions Shadowline vs. M5 matte black window trim

08-24-2015, 10:02 AM   #1
Aiden.Detailing
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 5series

Lightbulb Shadowline vs. M5 matte black window trim

Hi guys so i went to this shop in South Florida which i rather not mention their name, but i was not satisfied with their customer service due to the vinyl trim they installed. After a few days it started to look like it had veins in it, and also when the window would go down and up the vinyl started to crease up at certain points. I then had them redo the windows that were messed up and a few days later it happened again!!!!I had called to have them immediately help me to redo it cause it started to peel and you were able to see the brushed original window trim. This was under warranty but they had stated they can't fix it and it wouldn't be able to happen till a few days later.
So i have been contemplating on removing the vinyl and just doing it matte black like certain M5's I've seen!!! along side the fender side marker, and grill. I'm just not to sure if it would look good. i have searched google as "F10 matte black window trim" and for some reason i only see E90-E92's . Does anyone have a pic on how it would look? I own a Sophisto Grey M-tech 2012.
All feedback is welcomed cause I'm planning on doing this n Wednesday which is my day off so i would like to take my time on it to ensure a smooth finish and appearance.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2015, 05:59 PM   #2
peter91118
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '01 325xit, '09 335i

I'm not sure what you are planning on doing differently. The shop installed gloss(?) black vinyl trim. You want to remove and replace with matte black vinyl(?) trim.

I did this on my E90 and it looked good. I haven't seen any F10's with matte, only gloss.

Here is a sophisto grey m sport with oem gloss shadowline trim. Is that what you were looking for?

Appreciate 0