2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Dark Knight Rises Discussion Thread

08-01-2012, 11:27 AM   #111
danniexi
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 F97 X3M Comp LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draven View Post
At the end of Rises, you don't get that as much. You feel like they're about to tell Robin's story and you know they aren't. Is he the 'new' Batman? Is he to be Batman's sidekick? For the conclusion of a trilogy, I felt like I had a lot of questions still.
Blake WAS Robin the entire time. He was there helping batman/gordon even while Wayne was down. He was the sidekick of Batman, only he did it without the need of a mask (which he said in his own words). Batman/Bruce taught him a few pointers (use the mask to protect those you love, count to 5 and throw this), knowing that Blake would be a suitable replacement, not as a sidekick.

I felt the conclusion was pretty explicit and clear cut. The movie doesn't need to explain Blake's story. This entire trilogy was about Bruce Wayne's transformation to Batman. After this entire ordeal, we finally get the sense that Bruce Wayne can FINALLY be himself without identifying himself as Batman (Alfred's wish from the start). He finally gets to retire and move on with this life. He wanted to find a person to take over the job of guarding Gotham (originally Dent from TDK) after creating the "symbol" he set out to create in the first place (Batman Begins), and he gets to do that with Blake. Nolan did a great job combining all the recurrent themes from the first two movies extremely well.

Now, the movie itself had a great story line, but the execution wasn't as great as I had hoped. There were too many things going on (Selina Kyle, Bane, Talia, League of Shadows). In fact, this movie would've been a lot better had it been split into two movies. There would be more opportunities for better story development. That being said, I think all of the actors/actresses did a fantastic job with the character development within the small time frame that they had. Favorite character of the movie? Alfred. Michael Caine only had about 10 minutes of acting in the film yet his portrayal of Alfred had more of an effect than any other character in the series. Fuckin onions. Gary Oldman comes in a very close second. Flashback with the boy and the coat.

Overall great Batman movie; certainly not the best of the trilogy, but I'm satisfied with TDKR as an ending.
BMW MY06 E46 325XI - GONE
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 10:04 AM   #112
f30nynj
Chilling
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F25 X3

I know I am bit late to watch the movie but I did it in best possible way. I booked my tickets for Saturday night 10.30pm show at Liberty Science Center IMAX in Jersey City NJ. It has dome like screen and I heard the experience was really amazing.

The morning of the show day, I picked up Batman begins and Dark Knight Blu-rays from BestBuy for $20. Me and my buddy watched it from afternoon and I must say, I really loved watching it back to back the first two parts of this trilogy. When the time came, I entered the movie hall with all batman in my mind.

I thoroughly enjoyed the movie, and felt the ups and downs in the movie. I am very convinced with the ending. I am planning to watch it again on a regular screen this weekend.
2013 F30 -> SOLD
2007 E90 -> SOLD
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 10:45 AM   #113
Italteen3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i JB

At work and can't post a long-winded review, but thought this was the best of the three. From the music, to the acting, to the story, and the way Nolan draws your emotions in it was very very well done. Going to see it again in IMAX in a day or two.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2012, 09:12 AM   #114
CoconutPete
Coconut Pete's paella!
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

I finally got around to seeing it yesterday.

I liked it a lot, I LOVED Bane as a villain, probably one of my favorite villains in recent memory. I do have serious beef with Nolan for building Bane up for 2.5 hours, telling his story, telling us about how he came to be who he is, and what will happen if you remove the mask.... I was salivating at the thought of a long fight and him dying a slow agonizing death and then you kill him with a cannon blast in half a second! Dissapointed in that, but otherwise great movie.
Appreciate 0