2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding "Messages" not working

01-22-2011, 11:14 AM   #1
ghueser
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

"Messages" not working

My Messages from the phone are no longer loading up and displaying on the screen. (e-mail messages) Up until a week ago, it worked fine since I got the BB Torch. I still get all my "Contacts" and the Bluetooth portion of the phone works fine. Likely that I have done something to the phone during the last week....it did suffer from a wierd shutdown on it's own, otherwise everything seems to be ok. Any ideas on what to look at? Maybe get rid of the pairing and re pair it again?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2011, 01:07 PM   #2
ghueser
Lieutenant
Rep

Fixed

Found the fix finally. Probably as a result of my phone having the weird glitch and shutting down? I did not realize that I had to reset the Telephone, Bluetooth Audio AND....the Office checkmarks. You can get to it by going to Bluetooth, highlighting the paired phone, then hit "Options" on the I-Drive. Scrolling down on the opened options screen I finally saw the "Office" box, which no longer had the checkmark in it. Once I hit enter, the update circle started, and within 15 seconds my e-mail was loaded.

Still learning all the technology in this car.........
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 11:39 PM   #3
dtiger
Rep
Drives: 2011 528i

I have a question on yours, since I'm also using BB Torch and my car is after September built, but I don't have navigation on mine. My Office feature doesn't show email from my BB which is connected to my Exchange server, but the Messages feature is able to show all my text messages (SMS). Are you able to get all your emails shown? If so, do you have navigation or not? (BTW, I haven't tried to set up my gmail email on my BB, I only have email from my office Exchange Server via BB enterprise.)
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 07:36 AM   #4
ghueser
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtiger View Post
I have a question on yours, since I'm also using BB Torch and my car is after September built, but I don't have navigation on mine. My Office feature doesn't show email from my BB which is connected to my Exchange server, but the Messages feature is able to show all my text messages (SMS). Are you able to get all your emails shown? If so, do you have navigation or not? (BTW, I haven't tried to set up my gmail email on my BB, I only have email from my office Exchange Server via BB enterprise.)
So far, it looks as though my office shows all my regular e-mails that I have synced up with my computer via an exchange server. When I bring it up, it always starts at the "bottom" or latest e-mails and I have to scroll up to the top. (easy to do of course with the wheel). Also included are two Google Map locations that I sent via Google, and they always are at the very bottom of the list. I can't recall seeing if text messages are all the list. I don't usually get that many and with the new phone, believe I have deleted them all at this point. My car does have Navigation, but am not sure if this has any bearing on whether or not you can access regular e-mail.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 08:29 PM   #5
dtiger
Rep
Drives: 2011 528i

Thanks for the explanation, and I was able to find your other post regarding this issue. Yes, I was able to get messages sent via Google. Now, someone mentioned before that it might be the Navigation, but it BMW didn't state it as one of the requirement. They only said when it has the Navigation, then it should be able to read (voice) the email for you. I'm going to see when there is a software upgrade next time, since I believe the Office features will just trickle in.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 09:26 PM   #6
rexus300
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: car

I get all my emails and text messages on my navigation from my Verizon Blackberry Bold 9650 phone. It was not working before I did the free upgrade to the latest Blackberry version 6.0. The new 6.0 version allows for MAP (messaging across profile) option to be turned on which forwards emails and text messages along with contacts to the BMW. The system reads out my text messages and emails beautifully! Its amazing.
Appreciate 0