2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes F10 520d slightly shaking/vibrating after H&R spring install

08-02-2013, 04:09 PM   #1
Simennzz
Rep
Drives: F10 - Imola Red II

F10 520d slightly shaking/vibrating after H&R spring install

Hi.

The car: F10 520d, M-sport with H&R springs, 19" inch standard BMW on runflats, 2013 mod on 20.000km

My car is slightly shaking/vibrating after H&R spring install. Its like the shaking is coming from your bottom/your legs.

Have tried balancing the wheels, checking/changing the pressure, there was done a wheel-alignment right after the install (I know you should let the springs settle, but this shouldnt make the car shake?).

The wheels are not bent (Before the drop there was no shake), and when I drove away from the dealer, the car was driving nicely. After a few days the vibrating started, I returned to the dealer, but they say they cant feel it, so they are not sure what to do.

The shaking is pretty much all the time. You can feel it more at speeds over 60+mph, but not necessarily, suddenly it can be none.

Tried driving another F10 520d m-sport, the problem wasnt there.

Anyone have any clue what it could be? I have tried googling for other F10 owners with the H&R springs, but cant find anyone whom have had the same problem.

Last edited by Simennzz; 08-03-2013 at 06:15 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2013, 05:05 AM   #2
T-PWR
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 520d F10 2012

Hello, try and put the front wheels on the back and vice versa and see if it helps.
You can also try with your winter tyres.
I´t sounds like a wheel problem.
I would recommend that you skip the RFT next time you change tyres.

Lycka till.... // Mathias
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2013, 06:15 AM   #3
Simennzz
Rep
Drives: F10 - Imola Red II

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-PWR View Post
Hello, try and put the front wheels on the back and vice versa and see if it helps.
You can also try with your winter tyres.
I´t sounds like a wheel problem.
I would recommend that you skip the RFT next time you change tyres.

Lycka till.... // Mathias
Hi.

I have tried with both 19" original BMW on RFT, and 20" BC-Forged on Vredestein Ultratec Vorti (completely new). There was no difference. Tried to rebalance the wheels several times, no change. I didnt feel the rumbling before the lowering springs. (Allthough I dont know if its the springs that are the reason)

Last edited by Simennzz; 08-03-2013 at 06:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2013, 11:21 PM   #4
lmaleke
Second Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: shifting priorities for now...

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simennzz View Post
Hi.

The car: F10 520d, M-sport with H&R springs, 19" inch standard BMW on runflats, 2013 mod on 20.000km

My car is slightly shaking/vibrating after H&R spring install. Its like the shaking is coming from your bottom/your legs.

Have tried balancing the wheels, checking/changing the pressure, there was done a wheel-alignment right after the install (I know you should let the springs settle, but this shouldnt make the car shake?).

The wheels are not bent (Before the drop there was no shake), and when I drove away from the dealer, the car was driving nicely. After a few days the vibrating started, I returned to the dealer, but they say they cant feel it, so they are not sure what to do.

The shaking is pretty much all the time. You can feel it more at speeds over 60+mph, but not necessarily, suddenly it can be none.

Tried driving another F10 520d m-sport, the problem wasnt there.

Anyone have any clue what it could be? I have tried googling for other F10 owners with the H&R springs, but cant find anyone whom have had the same problem.
Did the shop properly align the arrow on the upper mounting rubbers for both F&R?
Hope this'll help...
Appreciate 0