2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Rear view camera malfunction

10-08-2012, 08:22 PM   #1
ceebange061175
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: f10 535i M-sports

Rear view camera malfunction

Anyone had this issue? I had sign came up in the morning. I left my car at garage all day and now it is working fine. Weird!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 07:50 AM   #2
Sharbotcom
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 535xi M Sport

I had one of my side cameras do that about year or so ago. It started doing on occasion and correcting itself but it became quite a hassle. I brought it in to the dealer and they had it for 2 days trying to fix it. Finally they concluded it was a problem with the wiring harness and they ordered a new one. I had to bring the car back in when the harness came in but once fixed all was well. The point that I'm trying to make here is that it may end up being a two visit fix.
      10-09-2012, 06:59 PM   #3
ceebange061175
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: f10 535i M-sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharbotcom View Post
I had one of my side cameras do that about year or so ago. It started doing on occasion and correcting itself but it became quite a hassle. I brought it in to the dealer and they had it for 2 days trying to fix it. Finally they concluded it was a problem with the wiring harness and they ordered a new one. I had to bring the car back in when the harness came in but once fixed all was well. The point that I'm trying to make here is that it may end up being a two visit fix.
Sounds like you are right! I called in service dept. and they told me I need to drop off 2 days and they couldn't say what the problem is. They say need to see what went wrong. Thanks for the info and I will let them know it could be wiring harness problem.
Appreciate 0