2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications Drivetrain malfunction error - intermittent

09-15-2022, 07:13 AM   #1
Haval
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d

Hello guys,

Apologies if this has posted else where but All of sudden I've started getting this drivetrain error and disappears. I've checked the codes that are available to me on BimmerLink but could someone please help me to decipher what these codes mean. I don't want to take to a mechanic just yet but need to make sure I know what's exactly wrong.

12 Motor electronics
4 errors
255B00: Exhaust gas recirculation actuator high pressure, position control: positive control deviation

272F00: Exhaust gas recirculation actuator high pressure, position control: mechanically defective near open position

272E00: Exhaust gas recirculation actuator high pressure, position control: mechanically defective near closed position

282B00: Exhaust gas recirculation rate control, system deviation: exhaust gas recirculation rate too low / positive system deviation

63 Headunit/radio
1 error
B7F8C3: CID does not respond (hardware error: failure of CID communication

Link to pdf reports

Memory codes: https://we.tl/t-EeQTAWlUZO
Current codes: https://we.tl/t-V3Xg440Yld
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2022, 01:07 AM   #2
Sequence001
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 & 2024 i5

Garage List
2019 BMW X5  [10.00]
I was getting this error constantly. After a ton of trial and error, we came to the conclusion that It was my differential pressure switch. It worked and was fine for a few months then the error came back randomly. No one has been able to figure it out at the shop since, so I'm just dealing with it. Its currently not affecting performance so I'm not going to dump any more money into finding the cause. Good luck.
Appreciate 0