2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes winter tires on my F11

10-28-2010, 09:06 AM   #23
Nightcreature
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsyed View Post
the 2500 for my m351s were with tires too - brand new from the factory. Anyways, great job on the deal!!

Summer wheels??? haha - I am still hunting for winter tires. the front 245/35/20 winter tires are on order BUT the biggest problem are the 275/30/20. Dunlop used to produce them till recently and now are are sold out all over europe. So my biggest worry is to find a tire - have already found one but only one. Now i need a second one.

otherwise, for summer - i could go for the breytons (black with silver polish), or again 312s, or maybe the f10 m5 alloys only if they are out by then...
Tried to contact Dunlop yourself? I took a minute searching after 275/30/20 but without any luck :/ I found 275/40/20, seems like to be more popular or hard-to-sell.. I would contact Dunlop and ask if they have any tyres to sell, they have to have older ones or stocked ones?

Do you mean Breyton GTS? They are nice but heard that they dont fit directly, need some kind of modd. F10 M5 wheels would be cool, wonder when they are out.. I guess that the replica factories will release many wheels on the spring, hopefully the CLSs, GTSs, 172Ms haha

BMW, probably the best car maker in the world!
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 10:10 AM   #24
Nightcreature
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep

I would have bought 8 wheels.. If there was any to buy...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 11:43 AM   #25
rsyed
Lieutenant
Austria
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcreature View Post
Tried to contact Dunlop yourself? I took a minute searching after 275/30/20 but without any luck :/ I found 275/40/20, seems like to be more popular or hard-to-sell.. I would contact Dunlop and ask if they have any tyres to sell, they have to have older ones or stocked ones?

Do you mean Breyton GTS? They are nice but heard that they dont fit directly, need some kind of modd. F10 M5 wheels would be cool, wonder when they are out.. I guess that the replica factories will release many wheels on the spring, hopefully the CLSs, GTSs, 172Ms haha
for the breytons you would technically need spacers but you can also do without spacers if you get yourself the alloys with 8,5 et 35... i was flirting with the RACE GTP or the Spirit II

did not think contacting dunlop is an option - they will just say: go to a tire shop. but seriously it is amazing - the tires existed a week ago today, but as for last friday, they were all gone...

Insta: bmw.shitbox
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 04:59 PM   #26
Nightcreature
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsyed View Post
for the breytons you would technically need spacers but you can also do without spacers if you get yourself the alloys with 8,5 et 35... i was flirting with the RACE GTP or the Spirit II

did not think contacting dunlop is an option - they will just say: go to a tire shop. but seriously it is amazing - the tires existed a week ago today, but as for last friday, they were all gone...
Yeah and since you already have 3 of 4 tyres you don't really have any choice other than try harder to find the last tyre.. Somebody has to have 1 tyre in that size, they can't just disappear!

Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 02:47 AM   #27
rsyed
Lieutenant
Austria
Rep
Drives: BMW

cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool - i have found (and bought) the last tire... Unfortunatley not new - used but i have a solution for the short term. I will keep my eyes open for a new tire. Was this a difficult birth

Insta: bmw.shitbox
Appreciate 0