2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum N63 Rough Idling + Drivetrain Malfunctions

10-26-2016, 02:04 PM   #1
dbs600
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 750LXi Individual

N63 Rough Idling + Drivetrain Malfunctions

Hi all,

My fuel tank was replaced due to a bad fuel level sensor this past Spring, but I've experienced intermittent rough idling since, which I questioned my Service Advisor on, but was told it can't be related to the prior work.

When the temperature dropped last month, the severity and frequency of the rough idling worsened and there have been 6-8 drivetrain malfunctions upon cold morning startups. Upon drivetrain malfunction, I shut down and restart and the error is gone.

I had AutoZone scan my car today and received a receipt stating "P0303: Cylinder 3 Misfire", with possible causes of "Fuel Injector", "Vacuum Leak" or "Engine Mechanical Condition".

My extended warranty covers fuel injectors, but not spark plugs. Any chance this can be spark plug related or would the symptoms and error code be different?

I also had the CCP done a while ago. Would the CCP or the measures thereafter under SI B11 07 15 cover spark plugs if I need them? And if fuel injectors are needed, would this be covered under the CCP or would it go through my extended warranty? The work performed under the CCP is covered for 10 years, correct?

Trying to prevent the dealer from charging a diagnosis fee for spark plugs that I'd have done elsewhere and ideally this would be covered under the CCP, without need to pay an extended warranty deductible.

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 08:11 AM   #2
David3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E21 (x2), E46, F15, G05 LCI

I'm in the same boat. Took my '12 N63 to dealer Saturday and barely got it there. CCP was done +/- 2k miles ago. Asked dealer to cover under the CCP warranty. Service advisor said they would if determine fault was related to work covered by CCP. Fingers crossed.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2016, 10:47 AM   #3
David3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E21 (x2), E46, F15, G05 LCI

Dealer called: Bank 1 HPFP failure, Cylinder 1 coil bad, and a bad spark plug (not sure which cylinder, but suspect #2). $961. I let them do the work even though I already purchased the pump (I can take it back). Dealer said engine CCP warranty did not cover (imagine that!).
Appreciate 0