2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Undervoltage Errors - Won't Start

12-25-2016, 06:54 PM   #1
SchillerM
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11' 550i, '00 M5, '11 E90 335i

Undervoltage Errors - Won't Start

So I was heading into work yesterday and on the gas a bit (getting on freeway with a new GT3RS). Got to a decent speed and lifted, car slowed a bit and when I went to step on gas I got nothing. Looked and car was in N and engine off. Error on iDrive screen said something about pulling over, dont remember exactly..
Got to right lane, tuned car off, tried to turn it back on and nothing. Starter goes CHUNK but doesn't crank. Tried multiple times to do the "neutral override" without success.. first tow truck couldn't do anything, second used rear wheel dollies and towed it to my house since dealer was closed and won't be open until Monday, and likely won't get to the car until Tues-Wed.

Pulled out my laptop with diagnostic software. Checked the codes and below is what I got.

After doing that I hooked up my jumper and car still wouldn't crank. At some point after it got home I started getting the battery drain warnings.

I pulled the battery to go get it tested, ontop of the + and - it is swelled a bit, which concerns me. Battery is dated 07/16, so unlikely it..

Once I get battery checked I will run thru the ISTA+ diagnostics before having it towed to dealer (will run neutral bypass bolt up to make towing easier).

Anyone have thoughts on what could be going on?
Thanks
Matt
Attached Images

Appreciate 0