2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums UK Deezer in car

01-07-2016, 12:36 PM   #1
ECBMW
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Metallic Grey M Sport

Deezer in car

If you go into the Entertainment section there is an option to subscribe to Napster or Deezer at the price of £1 (trial). I have a Deezer account and wonder if there is anyway for me to link it without having to create a new account?

I checked under my connect to drive account and couldnt find any option to link my Deezer with the car.

I did contact BMW who said this was not possible and that i had to have a new account in order to trial the service.

Anyone got around this?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 11:58 AM   #2
barrowboy
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F11 520d SE LCI

Deezer

I finally managed to activate Deezer in my new 520 Connected Drive, using my existing Deezer account.

What you need to do is go ahead with the £1 trial subscription offer, but then when you proceed to the next step there's the option to enter existing Deezer userid and password. It now works well in the car and is a real plus.

My initial problems were with Connected Drive (it really does need a Dummies Guide or Rough Guide to help understand what it can and can't do). For me, it turned out that it did not like me leaving house number field blank on my Connected Drive profile, even though my house does not have a number. This meant when I tried to proceed with the Deezer trial purchase option I was told that it could not go ahead as I did not a valid address in my profile.
Appreciate 0