2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding DragonDrive subscription problems anyone?

07-12-2015, 04:54 PM   #1
rebelfocus
Second Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 520d SE Touring

DragonDrive subscription problems anyone?

I finally subscribed to DragonDrive speech recognition for one year.

Unfortunately, you cannot buy this add-on through the ConnectedDrive store like the other services. You have to go to the Nuance website and pay by card. The website is a bit of a mess - it looks very dated and disorganised.

It worked for about a day and then I got an email from them saying my trial period had now ended. Then I checked the car and the service no longer works although I am paid up until July 2016.

It obviously a mistake on their part. Has anyone else had a similar experience with signing up for DragonDrive?
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2015, 03:48 PM   #2
rebelfocus
Second Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep

For anyone interested...

- contacted Nuance support using their webpage to let them know that after paying their fee they mistakenly deactivated the service. Got no reply at all after 3 days. Very poor customer service.

- so I phoned them and the person I spoke told me they are not responsible for supporting Nuance DragonDrive even though they sold me the service. They told me to email customer.service@bmw.com - wish me luck with that!

- I asked Nuance if they would provide a refund for the service I paid for given that they haven't actually provided the service and have no intention of fixing the problem. They again said they are not responsible for giving refunds for the service they sold and that I should contact BMW by email to ask them for a refund (even though BMW didn't sell me the product directly)

It is a total mess. It's only €25 so not the end of the world but a pretty terrible customer experience and there are principles involved so I will pursue.

Anyone thinking of paying for DragonDrive - avoid it!
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2015, 07:31 AM   #3
rebelfocus
Second Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep

BMW finally replied saying they are not responsible for supporting Nuance DragonDrive as it's a 3rd party product

Contacted Nuance again who said all support questions have to go to BMW and even on the DragonDrive webpage list the BMW email as the official support email.

Contacted BMW again to tell them that Nuance are adamant that BMW is the point of contact for support according to their internal agreement. Even gave BMW the contact number of Nuance and asked them to call and sort it out the mess between them

In the meanwhile I am out of pocket, have no DragonDrive service in the car after paying for it, am caught in between these two 'partners' arguing about who is responsible and am wasting my time emailing and phoning them and getting no where.

What fun!
Appreciate 0