2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum 2013 535i xDrive Purchase Questions!

05-21-2018, 06:46 AM   #1
jumpinjammiez
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 535i xDrive

2013 535i xDrive Purchase Questions!

Hi all. I am looking at purchasing a 2013 535i xDrive. It has 51k miles on it and cosmetically is in pristine condition. I have taken it to a private garage and had it inspected with no major issues to note. The inspector did make note that the tires and brakes were both “brand new”, this is consistent with what the CARFAX says.

The dealer has it listed at 20k not including tax, tag & title. I have a trade that they’re offering me 2500 for (2003 Toyota Highlander with 201k and broken AC).

After negotiating for 2 days and my trade, it will bring the final financed price to 17.7k. I am confident I can get them to at least 17k and hopefully even down to 16.5k.

Does this sound like a decent deal?

I also had a few newbie questions about the car:
1. Do I need to put 91 octane in it? I know BMW says 87 will work fine, but I wanted to see what the general consensus is here.
2. Am I going to need an “extended warranty” or service contract? If so, is there a company that is preferred by BMW owners? What is the average price people are paying?
3. Is something like RaceChip or MHD Flash worth it? I was thinking of doing something like that to just get more out of the car. Not just power, but overall feel and maybe some MPGs.

Any feedback is much appreciated. Thank you in advance!
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2018, 09:04 AM   #2
Ickdeep
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F10 M5 | '15 F15 X5

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [10.00]
2013 BMW M5 [SOLD]  [10.00]
2013 BMW 535i [SOLD]  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpinjammiez View Post

1. Do I need to put 91 octane in it? I know BMW says 87 will work fine, but I wanted to see what the general consensus is here.
2. Am I going to need an “extended warranty” or service contract? If so, is there a company that is preferred by BMW owners? What is the average price people are paying?
3. Is something like RaceChip or MHD Flash worth it? I was thinking of doing something like that to just get more out of the car. Not just power, but overall feel and maybe some MPGs.
Overall it sounds like a really good deal. I'd run the information through kbb.com with all the details to get another price but $17k is a good deal (my car is the same year and also xdrive).

1. Yes you should always put 91 octane. http://www.bmwblog.com/2017/02/21/di...r-premium-gas/
2) You don't "need it" but it is highly recommend on all cars like these. I got mine from my BMW rep even though its really from MAP (Motorist Assistance Plan).
3) Not sure has I havn't done it, I'd recommend a JB4.

Post some pics too!
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2018, 05:33 PM   #3
Dzbeslic
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW F10 535xi

Quote:
Hi all. I am looking at purchasing a 2013 535i xDrive. It has 51k miles on it and cosmetically is in pristine condition. I have taken it to a private garage and had it inspected with no major issues to note. The inspector did make note that the tires and brakes were both “brand new”, this is consistent with what the CARFAX says.

The dealer has it listed at 20k not including tax, tag & title. I have a trade that they’re offering me 2500 for (2003 Toyota Highlander with 201k and broken AC).

After negotiating for 2 days and my trade, it will bring the final financed price to 17.7k. I am confident I can get them to at least 17k and hopefully even down to 16.5k.

Quote:
Hi all. I am looking at purchasing a 2013 535i xDrive. It has 51k miles on it and cosmetically is in pristine condition. I have taken it to a private garage and had it inspected with no major issues to note. The inspector did make note that the tires and brakes were both "brand new", this is consistent with what the CARFAX says.

The dealer has it listed at 20k not including tax, tag & title. I have a trade that they're offering me 2500 for (2003 Toyota Highlander with 201k and broken AC).

2. Am I going to need an "extended warranty" or service contract? If so, is there a company that is preferred by BMW owners? What is the average price people are paying?

That is actually a really good deal! Go for it.
Appreciate 0