2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Combination M-package and dynamic damping control

02-10-2011, 04:41 AM   #1
Hustjo
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 2017 G30 540xi M

Combination M-package and dynamic damping control

I ordered a 2011 525d F11 with M-package (19' wheels) and DDC and i have a question :

is there a difference in suspension height between a M-package with sports suspension and a M-package with DDC ?
Anyone tried both, is there a big difference in ride comfort between the two ?

Thx
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2011, 08:06 AM   #2
bimmerfrei
Enlisted Member
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 528i

Is there a difference in suspension height between a M-package with sports suspension and a M-package with DDC ?

It is my understanding that DDC cars with the M package don't get the lowered suspension so the difference in height should be about 1 cm.

Anyone tried both, is there a big difference in ride comfort between the two ?

I've tried M-package (without DDC, though) and have DDC in my own car. My feeling is that the DDC makes your car much more comfortable but takes away quite a lot of the road contact. The full M suspension will make the car much more rewarding to drive, with great feeling of how the car handles. Less comfortable than with DDC, but still a comfortable car compared to many others. Feels pretty much like an E60 or E90 with M suspension.

If I was to order an F10 again, I would go for the full M set-up (including suspension) and leave the DDC out. Hope I'm not messing things up for you now.

Thx[/QUOTE]
Appreciate 0