2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Upgrade HiFi system using $1000-$1500

12-01-2015, 11:10 PM   #199
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJBentley View Post
Hey guys I was hoping somebody could help me out. I have the bimmertech amp installed in my car with all OEM speakers at the moment. I want to add two subs in the trunk with a separate amp to push them. I also have a pair of aftermarket speakers for the front doors. Here's what I plan to do, can somebody confirm that this setup would be possible.

Channel A&B - tweeters
Channel C&D - midrange 4" speakers
Channel E - center speaker
Channel F - connect both underseat subs together(as they will be left OEM for now and they have a hard time with the wattage that's being sent to them now with the amp while on separate channels)
Channel G - connect both rear deck speakers(they too will be left OEM and will be used mainly just for rear fill)
Channel H - connect aftermarket trunk subs and separate amp

I know many people are against having read speakers and also a center channel, but I would like to keep them all connected to keep rear pdc audio working and for rear fill. So is this setup possible??
I had a link for this somewhere but I can't find which thread it was posted in? Nelson linked me with it so u may wanna shoot him a PM.
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2015, 11:18 PM   #200
6spdcoupe
tends to get irritable
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 F15,18 M550,20 Highlander

Quote:
Hey guys I was hoping somebody could help me out. I have the bimmertech amp installed in my car with all OEM speakers at the moment. I want to add two subs in the trunk with a separate amp to push them. I also have a pair of aftermarket speakers for the front doors. Here's what I plan to do, can somebody confirm that this setup would be possible.

Channel A&B - tweeters
Channel F - connect both underseat subs together(as they will be left OEM for now and they have a hard time with the wattage that's being sent to them now with the amp while on separate channels)
Channel G - connect both rear deck speakers(they too will be left OEM and will be used mainly just for rear fill)

I know many people are against having read speakers and also a center channel, but I would like to keep them all connected to keep rear pdc audio working and for rear fill. So is this setup possible??
I promise you more people are against the underseat woofers on a single channel.
You can keep PDC without going through the amp but it deviates from being PnP. Not difficult at all though.

AC Schnitzer/Eibach/M Performance/RaceChip/Compustar/Drone/BimmerTech/FireTV/Helix/Dynaudio/Micro-Precision/Jehnert/Audiomobile
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2015, 05:09 PM   #201
TJBentley
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 528xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdcoupe
Quote:

Channel A&B - tweeters

I promise you more people are against the underseat woofers on a single channel.
You can keep PDC without going through the amp but it deviates from being PnP. Not difficult at all though.
Thanks for your response. So if you keep the PDC without going through the amp, then the PDC sound when backing up would be significantly lower than the PDC sound in the front bumper right? Also, what's bad about using the underseats on the same channel?
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2015, 09:38 AM   #202
TJBentley
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 528xdrive

Is there any type of tutorial or something to figure out how to use the bimmertech amp software?? I just ordered my 15 foot cable to play with the software and try to fine tune it but I have no idea what does what!! Lol any help appreciated guys
Appreciate 0