2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums UK Group Coding Session - F1x series - FREE !

06-24-2015, 02:51 AM   #353
SpeedTrip
Second Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: F21 M140i LCI-2 Alpine

Garage List
Hi Guru - any news from your contacts about the later F-series builds and the file renaming / restructuring ? (along with the Trimming issues ?)

Cheers again for your help earlier in the month !

320i *2, 323i, 520i *2, 540i, 535i, 840i, E36 M5, 328i, 530i, 320d, 535d, M135i, M140i * 2
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2015, 07:40 AM   #354
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 535, F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedTrip View Post
Hi Guru - any news from your contacts about the later F-series builds and the file renaming / restructuring ? (along with the Trimming issues ?)

Cheers again for your help earlier in the month !
I have got the latest files, but some of your files (as read from your car the other day) are still appearing trimmed. Not all; but some still are showing as trimmed.

Still needs more work to be fully resolved !

I'll keep you posted...
      06-24-2015, 01:27 PM   #355
MalithS
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 LCI 530D Luxury

Hello,

So since coding the EBT I went on to try a few others, ambient lighting brightness, DVD etc in motion, rear DRL and auto start stop to off.

Got one question though. I followed gspannu's instructions for coding dvd in motion with the other bits;
VIDEO_HANDBRAKE - nicht_aktiv
SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MIN - FF (Wert)
SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MAX - FF (Wert)
VIDEO_SPEEDLOCK_CONDITION - none
VIDEO_FRONT_LOCKED - nicht_aktiv
SL06_IBA_1 - nicht_aktiv
SL07_IBA_2 - nicht_aktiv
SL09 - nicht_aktiv
SL21_IBA_3 - nicht_aktiv
PIM_DRIVING_TEXT_LENGTH - whole_text was one_page

Now after doing the above, I can get dvd in motion, user manual, bluetooth pairing etc but the one thing that is still disabled on speed are the text within the connected drive menus. For example if I go to news and into an article only 1 page of text is displayed until car stops moving. Does anyone know if there are any other settings somewhere else for connected drive?

Thanks,
MalithS
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2015, 01:48 PM   #356
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalithS View Post
Hello,

So since coding the EBT I went on to try a few others, ambient lighting brightness, DVD etc in motion, rear DRL and auto start stop to off.

Got one question though. I followed gspannu's instructions for coding dvd in motion with the other bits;
SL06_IBA_1 - nicht_aktiv
SL07_IBA_2 - nicht_aktiv
SL09 - nicht_aktiv
SL21_IBA_3 - nicht_aktiv

Now after doing the above, I can get dvd in motion, user manual, bluetooth pairing etc but the one thing that is still disabled on speed are the text within the connected drive menus. For example if I go to news and into an article only 1 page of text is displayed until car stops moving. Does anyone know if there are any other settings somewhere else for connected drive?

Thanks,
MalithS
Yes, there is a setting.... let me find it.
      06-24-2015, 02:00 PM   #357
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalithS View Post
Hello,

SL06_IBA_1 - nicht_aktiv
SL07_IBA_2 - nicht_aktiv
SL09 - nicht_aktiv
SL21_IBA_3 - nicht_aktiv

Thanks,
MalithS
Here are the additional settings... all these are in HU_NBT module.

Enjoy.
Attached Images

06-24-2015, 02:37 PM   #358
BeeEmmDubleYuu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Any of these sessions being held in the North East? :-(
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2015, 03:26 PM   #359
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeEmmDubleYuu View Post
Any of these sessions being held in the North East? :-(
I am based down south and am looking to hold another session soon.

As for North East - I'm sure there are people who have learnt enough coding to hold a session for others.

Sooner or later, someone will do it.
      06-24-2015, 03:41 PM   #360
Dexteryout
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 530D M SPORT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspannu View Post
Here are the additional settings... all these are in HU_NBT module.

Enjoy.

Just what I was looking for

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2015, 10:29 AM   #361
texasjohn
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW

gspannu

can 'cold start' be coded out?

ie when you start your car and it runs at 1500rpm for about 30 seconds to warm up the cats?

Previous: F31 340i, E90 335i SE, E87 130i, F10 550i, E92 335i, E61 550i, E90 335iM, E87 130i, E87 118d, Z4M, Z4 3.0i SMG, E46 330D, Z3M, Z3 3.0i, Z3 3.0i (USDM)
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2015, 11:29 AM   #362
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasjohn View Post
can 'cold start' be coded out?

ie when you start your car and it runs at 1500rpm for about 30 seconds to warm up the cats?
Haven't seen anything to change this...

Any particular reason, as to why you would want to disable this.
      07-13-2015, 02:47 PM   #363
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

For those of you who haven't coded yet, really suggest you try , it's not that difficult.

I've only made a couple of changes myself so nothing compared with others on these forums but its really not too bad .

I coded the indicators in the HUD this past weekend, really pleased with that as with my seating position in the car, the indicators are just out of sight , so a big improvement for me.(No idea why BMW don't enable these, I think this functionality was also on the E60 but never enabled as well)

My copy of ESYS was out of date and I think not working properly so with a bit of looking around the interweb, I got hold of another copy with the PSDZdata files. (I didn't need the latest as my car from 2012 has not been updated since new so no requirement for the latest)

I already had the cable - again ordered off the interweb, don't recall from where now. Only criticism was that it was very difficult to unplug from the car so I cut off some of the plastic surround which makes it easy to plug nad unplug now.

Next setting I may change (undecided at the moment) is to change the 6WA cluster from orange to grey for daytime. (2013 models I believe has this as standard)
the other one I'm still researching is changing the triple turn indicator from 3 to 5. Seems to be available on the 3 series (FEM BODY) but not found it yet for a CIC F10. Will keep hunting.

I've also now generated a code for a map update which I'm confident will be ok when I try it. I used esys to generate the fsc file and fsc.exe (nbt cars require nbt.exe) which some parameters to generate the code. This also involved loading up a hex editor to look at one of the files on the map updates.

All together this weekend about 3 hours worth of time to get that all done and worth it. Can't deny it was a bit of a 'sphincter moment' clicking on CODE FDL but it all went ok.

Really good fun and very rewarding . I urge you to have a go if you haven't already. do stress read all of the documentation carefully.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2015, 03:50 PM   #364
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
For those of you who haven't coded yet, really suggest you try , it's not that difficult.

I've only made a couple of changes myself so nothing compared with others on these forums but its really not too bad .

I coded the indicators in the HUD this past weekend, really pleased with that as with my seating position in the car, the indicators are just out of sight , so a big improvement for me.(No idea why BMW don't enable these, I think this functionality was also on the E60 but never enabled as well)

My copy of ESYS was out of date and I think not working properly so with a bit of looking around the interweb, I got hold of another copy with the PSDZdata files. (I didn't need the latest as my car from 2012 has not been updated since new so no requirement for the latest)

I already had the cable - again ordered off the interweb, don't recall from where now. Only criticism was that it was very difficult to unplug from the car so I cut off some of the plastic surround which makes it easy to plug nad unplug now.

Next setting I may change (undecided at the moment) is to change the 6WA cluster from orange to grey for daytime. (2013 models I believe has this as standard)
the other one I'm still researching is changing the triple turn indicator from 3 to 5. Seems to be available on the 3 series (FEM BODY) but not found it yet for a CIC F10. Will keep hunting.

I've also now generated a code for a map update which I'm confident will be ok when I try it. I used esys to generate the fsc file and fsc.exe (nbt cars require nbt.exe) which some parameters to generate the code. This also involved loading up a hex editor to look at one of the files on the map updates.

All together this weekend about 3 hours worth of time to get that all done and worth it. Can't deny it was a bit of a 'sphincter moment' clicking on CODE FDL but it all went ok.

Really good fun and very rewarding . I urge you to have a go if you haven't already. do stress read all of the documentation carefully.
Wonderful news. Well done.

The HUD indicators only work in F10 until 2012, can't be enabled from 2013, so enjoy.
The 3 flashes to 5 does not work on F10 cars since 2011 or so, can be changed in F30, but not on the F10. Strange are the ways of how some subtle software changes by BMW !

Really glad that you too are into coding now.
      07-14-2015, 06:00 AM   #365
AP
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Wonderful news. Well done.

The HUD indicators only work in F10 until 2012, can't be enabled from 2013, so enjoy.
The 3 flashes to 5 does not work on F10 cars since 2011 or so, can be changed in F30, but not on the F10. Strange are the ways of how some subtle software changes by BMW !

Really glad that you too are into coding now.
Thanks
Interesting about the HUD. So just out of curiosity, on a F10 2013 or later, if you run up the HUD diagnostics (hold HUD button down for around 10 seconds or so and then repeatedly press to cycle through the tests) whether they appear on those models or not.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2015, 08:32 AM   #366
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Thanks
Interesting about the HUD. So just out of curiosity, on a F10 2013 or later, if you run up the HUD diagnostics (hold HUD button down for around 10 seconds or so and then repeatedly press to cycle through the tests) whether they appear on those models or not.
Great idea.

I had recorded the whole HUD test sequence when I picked my car in October last year. Let me hunt the video...
      07-15-2015, 06:09 AM   #367
AP
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Great idea.

I had recorded the whole HUD test sequence when I picked my car in October last year. Let me hunt the video...
Whilst talking about the HUD, have you (or anyone else) tried the ACC Ibrake distance feature?

HU_CIC 3000 HUD_DISTANCE_INFO (or HU_NBT as necessary)
KOMBI 3008 HUD_PIA_IBRAKE
KOMBI 3000 IBRAKE_ABSTAND_ENABLE

apparently displays if you are too close to the car in front if traveling I believe more than 40mph and ACC is NOT enabled at that time.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2015, 08:54 AM   #368
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Whilst talking about the HUD, have you (or anyone else) tried the ACC Ibrake distance feature?

HU_CIC 3000 HUD_DISTANCE_INFO (or HU_NBT as necessary)
KOMBI 3008 HUD_PIA_IBRAKE
KOMBI 3000 IBRAKE_ABSTAND_ENABLE

apparently displays if you are too close to the car in front if traveling I believe more than 40mph and ACC is NOT enabled at that time.
My car displays a warning (RED colour car icon) if I drive up too close to the car in front (or the car in front brakes rapidly), regardless of ACC enable/ disable. Th warning distance is configurable via iDrive as early, medium, late. It also emits a beep.

This was part of the Active Security package that my F10 has.

I have just checked the values above and can see that
HUD_DISTANCE_INFO is already active (part of HU_NBT)
HUD_PIA_IBRAKE_INFO is already enabled
IBRAKE_ABSTAND_ENABLE is already enabled
      07-15-2015, 11:54 AM   #369
AP
Major General
Rep

Ah thats what i already have in that case. The article i saw for this had a slightly different icon and the wording led me to believe this was something else.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2015, 12:04 PM   #370
Skidm8
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 535d M Sport

Hi All,

I maybe doing something wrong with the coding but I cannot see what.

To start my vehicle is a F10 with a build date of May 2015. I am running E-Sys version 3.26.1 quite successfully, that is to say I can connect to the car and download. I want to take a backup first and so follow the next steps Expert Mode - Coding - Read to obtain FA of the car - Read(SVT) [actually from VCM] from a procedure I have found.
So I am now presented with the lists of modules with the various CAFD files showing "green" and I think Happy Days.

For each "green" CAFD file I use "Read Coding data" to read the codes and store them. Now some are read and turn into a folder icon but many more fail to copy with the explanation that the file was not found.

So just to explain file CAFD_000002A5_003_010_000.ncd is good but file CAFD_90A_4_3_49 failed. See attached failure output from ACSM CAFD file failure.

I am prepared for this to be my fault but as some files copied OK and some not I am at a loss to see what I have done wrong. As always any help would appreciated.

Cheers John

Last edited by Skidm8; 05-05-2016 at 12:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2015, 01:03 PM   #371
AP
Major General
Rep

Given your car is a 2015 you wil need the latest or close to latest psdzdata fikes so i guess that a question worth asking first.
Im not up to date on what the latest is but do you know what you have? Just to rule that out first?
Alao ned to consult my notes but also have you activated FA yet? I can dif out my notes later and see what steps i took at the weekend.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2015, 01:11 PM   #372
AP
Major General
Rep

Given your car is a 2015 you wil need the latest or close to latest psdzdata fikes so i guess that a question worth asking first.
Im not up to date on what the latest is but do you know what you have? Just to rule that out first?
Alao ned to consult my notes but also have you activated FA yet? I can dif out my notes later and see what steps i took at the weekend.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2015, 03:13 PM   #373
AP
Major General
Rep

Ok these were the steps I worked through.

Click on connect icon to connect to car
Select F010 **NOT F010 Direct**
select Connection via VIN
Then click on connect

Go to expert mode , then choose coding.

Top left click on READ under Vehicle order (VO)

Then click on READ SVT (I've seen on the web this referred to as read VCM but my version of esys 3.24.1 displays read svt)

Select CADF , then read coding data
save or close
Under the appropriate CADF folder, right click EDIT FDL

Find the setting you want to change and right click EDIT
Click on SAVE icon in top left of esys
Click on Green back arrow at top left of Esys

Under VO at top left of esys , right click and ACTIVATE FA
Select the CADF you just edited and take a deep breath and right click CODE
FDL

Select Close

For changes in KOMBI , you will get a error message on the instrument cluster. Restart the ignition of the car to reset and you will have to set the date and time again for the car.

Also for updating the sat nav maps again using esys, I went into FSC extended
put in 0x63 for diagnostic address,
application number 0x1B (for CIC 0xDE for NBT apparently)
Upgrade index 0x1
Click on identify
Base variant will then be filled in with either HU_CIC or HI_NBT as appropriate.

Select Store FSC in the left column and clikc on >> to move it to the right hand side.
Click on READ and save this file as say de.fsc (this is the file you can keep and use for future activations

load up a hex editor (I used "free Hex editor Neo") and load up the info_map.imp file. In my case I have the Europe West Premium 2015-2

Name:  satnav.jpg
Views: 1335
Size:  89.0 KB
Look at the hex numbers within the red boxes. In my case 0x28 and 0x0A

Then using esys if you have CIC run FSC de.fsc 0x28 0x0a <7digitVIN>
if you have NBT, you need to nbt with the same parameters.

I stress I haven't upgrade the map on my car, plan to do this this weekend but believe these steps are the right ones to do.

As I've said before, I've really only dipped my toe in on this coding, there are far more experienced coders here on this forum. Hopefully this might help you.

The only things I can mentioned are make sure you have the right psdzdata files.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2015, 06:00 PM   #374
Skidm8
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 535d M Sport

AP,

I have been searching a bit more, primarily on US forums, and I am not the first by any means to have CAFD files missing. I believe you are exactly right in saying that the problem lies with an incorrect PSdZData file version for my car.

Now here is the root problem as after doing too much reading (and there is a lot out there) I used v54.1 but this is now obviously incorrect for my car. I am now going to try v56.0 which I think is the very latest, but maybe not. There is no correlation between the build year of a car and the correct PSdZData file as far as I am aware. What is required is a file that will cover build years MY20xx to MY20xx for F10s. Presumably this is not the way the file can be written!!

I should be able to try v56.0 over the weekend and I will report back. AP thanks for your input into my problem.

John
Appreciate 0