2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums UK Dynamic Traction Control engaged by itself

04-18-2017, 07:58 AM   #1
ob2ob2
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G32 630d GT xDrive Msports

Dynamic Traction Control engaged by itself

Last night when driving on the M25, using the cruise control at 70 mph in Eco Pro mode, suddenly there was a message appeared: (together with a "ding" tone)

Dynamic Traction Control engaged!

And the cruise control was cancelled. The gear display "D" showing next to the speedo, added a text "Traction". Prior to that, I did feel the steering wheels and/or wheels were a bit strange, but couldn't tell what it was.

I then stopped at the motor way service station to check the tyres, I couldn't see anything wrong with the tyre. After the engine started again, that message no longer appears, everything seem to be back to normal. No strange feeling from the tyres again.

Has anyone experienced this before? Is it a sign of a sensor failure? Or is it the "ka ching" noise from the BMW service cash tills?

Last edited by ob2ob2; 04-18-2017 at 09:43 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2017, 02:15 AM   #2
MrPogle
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 550i M-Sport LCI

Was it wet? Possibly you hit a patch of oil or diesel. When under cruise control any detection of slippery conditions switches off cruise and returns control to the driver. Unless it keeps doing it, I wouldn't worry.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2017, 01:50 PM   #3
ob2ob2
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G32 630d GT xDrive Msports

It was dry. I didn't spot anything on the road surface.
I remembered in some icy morning, when the road surface was slippery, there is an amber ESP light will be flashing.
In this particular instance, there wasn't any ESP lights flashing.

The MOT and service is coming soon, I will have a word with the BMW, to let them check the car computer logs.

Many thanks for your reply!
Appreciate 0