2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum F10 Door Lock Glitching

10-13-2022, 03:31 PM   #1
Farsaad
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 520D SE

Exclamation F10 Door Lock Glitching

Hey Guys,
I needed some advice as to what to do.
I own a BMW 520D SE (F10), which is my daily driver. The passenger-side front door started having issues about a week ago. It started off by not locking, would remain fully unlocked unless you physically pushed the door pin, and would have to be opened with the inside handle. It then stopped locking altogether, and the alarm would sound if opened while locked. Finally yesterday I manually opened it, and after I started driving, it started to lock and unlock via the lock button on the centre console area. A few minutes after it just permanently locked and hasn't opened since, from inside or outside, it is permanent.

A possible cause is that I would sometimes lean my arm on the door while sitting inside, and often it would unlock and my arm would stop it from doing so but it would do so anyways. It never caused me any problems until recently. Would really love some advice.

Thanks for reading my mouthful.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2022, 02:05 AM   #2
chipguy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12 528i

It is probably your door lock actuator, seems like it is a common problem with the F10.

If I read your post correctly, you cannot unlock that door now (inside or outside). Is this correct?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2022, 12:13 PM   #3
mashpotato
Private
Rep
Drives: '11 F10 N55

If you have comfort access. Likely one of the door handle has shorted. Find out which one, either disconnect or replace the door handle. And if needed replace the blown fuse
Appreciate 0