2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum rear sway bar eibach

09-14-2022, 03:09 AM   #1
ceka
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 530d 11'

rear sway bar eibach

Hi,

I just installed the eibach sway bar front and rear..
after install the rear was bumpy af, itll just bounce on the rear for whatever on the road.. even on acceleration itll jump.

the front is ok, but I had to swap to oem on the rear..
any fix to this issue?

Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      09-14-2022, 08:20 AM   #2
n3985
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a car

You didn't install it upside right? If so the rear bar would sit on the rear control arms and cause the bumpy feeling i.e. no suspension travel.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2022, 11:28 AM   #3
ceka
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3985 View Post
You didn't install it upside right? If so the rear bar would sit on the rear control arms and cause the bumpy feeling i.e. no suspension travel.
I thought it was only a one way.
Do you have any pics of the correct install?

Waiting for Koni special active shocks in december, after that install I will put the sway bar back and test.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2022, 11:40 AM   #4
n3985
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceka View Post
Quote:

Waiting for Koni special active shocks in december, after that install I will put the sway bar back and test.
Quote:
Quote:

Unfortunately I learned the hard way the bar can install both ways, when I did it upside down I had exact symptoms as you.

No pic but the bend where the bar turns outside the bushing, it should "loop" around the rear control arm. If it is upside down, the bend will face down and sit on the control arm.
Appreciate 1
      09-14-2022, 12:23 PM   #5
ceka
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks for your feedback, will reply in 3 months when parts arrives..
I've read in a few post that for some folks the ride is too harsh, but this is outrageous..

Quote:
Unfortunately I learned the hard way the bar can install both ways, when I did it upside down I had exact symptoms as you.

No pic but the bend where the bar turns outside the bushing, it should "loop" around the rear control arm. If it is upside down, the bend will face down and sit on the control arm.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2022, 06:00 AM   #6
Surly73
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535xi 8AT KWv3 MPE MHD xHP

Quote:
Thanks for your feedback, will reply in 3 months when parts arrives..
I've read in a few post that for some folks the ride is too harsh, but this is outrageous..
The ride from bars that are too stiff is harsh but not bouncy, and the REAR bars are not too stiff. It's the 30mm fronts that generate all the "too stiff" comments (including from myself).

It was almost certainly installed incorrectly as other posters have stated. I've been running the H&R 20mm rear bar (same thing, just blue) for years and wouldn't want to be without it.
Appreciate 1
      09-15-2022, 09:12 AM   #7
Sylverlee
Captain
Rep
Drives: White 535i M-Sport, 911 GTS

Same. Just running the rear no aftermarket front. It does feel stiff when going fast over a pothole or something.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2022, 10:42 AM   #8
paul223
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10

If the car is on stock suspension, it will be a bouncy ride with after market sway bars. I have tried several combinations of suspension setup. Best balance of comfort/sport is Msport sway bars & after market coilovers.
Appreciate 1