2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications Shteigen Full System 6/6/2014 Update

10-11-2014, 03:31 PM   #221
The_Transporter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatbmw
Quote:
Originally Posted by ausfahrt View Post
Thanks, It just sucks living here in the Midwest during winter. I would not enjoy it if the car just sit in the garage!

Let me tell you! I giggled like a little girl. The excitement of it finally here was overwhelming!

Oh did you buy the Exhaust Meister? I installed it 3 weeks ago and not a noticeable difference on the stock exhaust! But I'm sure once I get the LSD on it will be more noticeable!
Ya, I have the Meister.. yes its a big difference lol.. stock.. car is to silent to make a difference.
So it finally happened! The car went in yesterday but the shop was too busy and couldn't get it back to me till today, but I finally have it installed! Let me start by saying I am planning to do a full write up on this by weeks end, but let me start by saying WOW!! This thing sounds great! This is very initial report as I've only heard it from inside the vehicle while moving, but tomorrow I will have my friend drive the street and I'll listen to it to give a good description. So far I haven't been able to tell a difference of when valves are open and closed( I have the exhaust Meister to control them) but again only time I've been outside the car to hear it is when it's at idle so ill have a better account of this tomorrow. Very nice low rumble at idle that isn't loud but you can definitely tell the car has a V8 now! From inside the car all I can say is this thing sounds amazing and I'm sure it's even better outside the car! Incredibly happy with the kit! I will post a new thread that has a full write up in it for all who are interested!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2014, 11:35 PM   #222
combatbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 20' X3M CP

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Transporter View Post
So it finally happened! The car went in yesterday but the shop was too busy and couldn't get it back to me till today, but I finally have it installed! Let me start by saying I am planning to do a full write up on this by weeks end, but let me start by saying WOW!! This thing sounds great! This is very initial report as I've only heard it from inside the vehicle while moving, but tomorrow I will have my friend drive the street and I'll listen to it to give a good description. So far I haven't been able to tell a difference of when valves are open and closed( I have the exhaust Meister to control them) but again only time I've been outside the car to hear it is when it's at idle so ill have a better account of this tomorrow. Very nice low rumble at idle that isn't loud but you can definitely tell the car has a V8 now! From inside the car all I can say is this thing sounds amazing and I'm sure it's even better outside the car! Incredibly happy with the kit! I will post a new thread that has a full write up in it for all who are interested!
Sweet dude I knew you would like it.

Drone free right?
Retired:2015 M5 CP MSR Intake|Carbon Fiber Fender Vents|Meisterschaft GTC catback with LXR mid pipes and ER Catless DPs | BPMSPORT Stage II Tune | RKP Rear Diffuser and Challenge Center piece |RKP Front Lip| Painted Reflectors | H&R Springs | Strasse SM5R Carbon Fiber Wheels | Nitto R888 |
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2014, 09:04 AM   #223
The_Transporter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

I only have about an hour of driving with it so far but yeah from what I can tell NO Drone at all! Just a beautiful sounding exhaust!!
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2014, 09:49 AM   #224
RED99HT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 21 M850i

Is this a direct bolt on to 550i without replacing rear valence? Cant wait for the sound clips!
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2014, 11:34 AM   #225
combatbmw
Major
Rep

Garage List
Yes its direct fit.
Just make sure you pick up the 2014 version. Slip fit.
Retired:2015 M5 CP MSR Intake|Carbon Fiber Fender Vents|Meisterschaft GTC catback with LXR mid pipes and ER Catless DPs | BPMSPORT Stage II Tune | RKP Rear Diffuser and Challenge Center piece |RKP Front Lip| Painted Reflectors | H&R Springs | Strasse SM5R Carbon Fiber Wheels | Nitto R888 |
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 02:44 PM   #226
Shteigen
Rep
Drives: BMW

Exhaust Updates

Thank you guys for all of your patience and supporting us through the course of this product development. We have had several emails from customers who have already received and installed the exhaust. To summarize it, everybody is extremely happy with the performance and sound of the exhaust. Some additional notes we would like to share with the community:

- We had our first installation done on the 550xi model. We know that the system will have to be modified in order to clear the transfer case. It appears to be a simple modification that any muffler shop should be able to do, it consists of extending the Shteigen exhaust pipes that connect to the downpipes by about 5 inches.

- Those who purchased a Cruzur System with valves are very much impressed with the additional control the exhaustmeister offers. Your able to get the best of both worlds with the touch of a button. For those who don't know, the exhaustmeister is an aftermarket product that allows manual control over when the exhaust valves open and close.

- At the request of one of our customers, we did a custom gloss black finish on the visible portion of the axleback (Tips and helmholtz chambers). The finished product looked spectacular, therefor we will now be offering matte or gloss black finish on the entire axle back portion of the exhaust as an option.

-On a final note, We would like to thank all of you for your support and feedback. Due to the increasing demand we have seen for this exhaust, we have already began production on additional systems so those who are in the market will not have to wait. We are also looking at the possibility of making downpipes and air intakes for the 550i as well, but they are both in the early stages right now and we will provide updates as they come.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 03:19 PM   #227
combatbmw
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shteigen View Post
Thank you guys for all of your patience and supporting us through the course of this product development. We have had several emails from customers who have already received and installed the exhaust. To summarize it, everybody is extremely happy with the performance and sound of the exhaust. Some additional notes we would like to share with the community:

- We had our first installation done on the 550xi model. We know that the system will have to be modified in order to clear the transfer case. It appears to be a simple modification that any muffler shop should be able to do, it consists of extending the Shteigen exhaust pipes that connect to the downpipes by about 5 inches.

- Those who purchased a Cruzur System with valves are very much impressed with the additional control the exhaustmeister offers. Your able to get the best of both worlds with the touch of a button. For those who don't know, the exhaustmeister is an aftermarket product that allows manual control over when the exhaust valves open and close.

- At the request of one of our customers, we did a custom gloss black finish on the visible portion of the axleback (Tips and helmholtz chambers). The finished product looked spectacular, therefor we will now be offering matte or gloss black finish on the entire axle back portion of the exhaust as an option.

-On a final note, We would like to thank all of you for your support and feedback. Due to the increasing demand we have seen for this exhaust, we have already began production on additional systems so those who are in the market will not have to wait. We are also looking at the possibility of making downpipes and air intakes for the 550i as well, but they are both in the early stages right now and we will provide updates as they come.
BOY OH BOY is there a demand for a intake system for the 550i
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2014, 09:16 AM   #228
belal242
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11 F10 550xi

Garage List
2011 550xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shteigen View Post

The air intake could be a bigger winner
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2014, 01:08 PM   #229
Mbbrewer
Captain
Rep
Drives: 550i

Shteigen? Was there a name change?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2014, 06:44 PM   #230
combatbmw
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbbrewer View Post
Not really a name change, just listed the Name of the system rather then the company who made it.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2014, 03:11 PM   #231
ARKONE
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 458; '16 Escalade; '12 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbbrewer View Post
I believe LSD Motorsports is the company while Shteigen is the actual exhaust model.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 10:27 AM   #232
LiLS
Private
Rep
Drives: ISF

someone post up videos!
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 05:40 PM   #233
ausfahrt
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2001 325i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatbmw View Post
Not really a name change, just listed the Name of the system rather then the company who made it.
Sent you a message.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 08:44 PM   #234
ARKONE
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 458; '16 Escalade; '12 Z4

Quote:
Haven't had time to call them with my classes. I keep getting their voicemail. Looks like they just got rid of the discount. $2250 for valved exhaust. At that price I think i'll go for Eisenmann even though it's not a full system.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 11:54 PM   #235
virtualbong
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfa372
Quote:
Haven't had time to call them with my classes. I keep getting their voicemail. Looks like they just got rid of the discount. $2250 for valved exhaust. At that price I think i'll go for Eisenmann even though it's not a full system.
Bummer...I'll just wait until spring anyways with winter coming. Definitely want an upgrade!
2011 BMW 550i M-Sport (Jet Black/Cinnamon Brown) - 4/30/14 | 2007 BMW 328xi e92 (Jet Black/Coral Red) - PAST | 2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (Ivory White/Stone) - PAST | 2005 Acura TSX (Obsidian Black/Black) - PAST
| 1998 Acura Integra (Black/Black) - PAST
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 12:05 AM   #236
ausfahrt
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2001 325i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfa372 View Post
Honestly that doesn't make any sense. You get a full setup at Eisenmann price. I have an Eisenmann on my e46 and it drones! Don't get me wrong I like the sound but I'd rather have a full system with valves so I can control the sound. This is just my opinion. I'm not saying Eisenmann is a bad product or telling not to buy an Eisenmann Exhaust. It makes sense to me to buy the latter.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2014, 10:13 PM   #237
BuffBmw
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 Bmw 740Xi

Installed Valved System with exhaustmeister

I installed my valved system together with an exhaustmeister about a week ago and I have to say I really enjoy the system. It sounds exactly like I thought it would and for my personal taste it still needs a set of cattless dp's (if anyone has any 4/s pm me) The system looks and sounds great. It has ZERO drone and the valves make the cold starts very reasonable. The only issue I had with the exhaust is that as it came from LSD it did not properly fit my car. Apparently they never tested the system on xi and did not know that the front part of the piping did not clear the front transfer case. However I went to my local shop and they were able to extend the pipes without a problem. The shop that I used is Bergen Imports here in CliffSide Park NJ. I would recommend this shop to anyone looking to do any work to there car, The owner Harry is very knowledge gives very fair pricing and overall a great guy. I've attached some photos showing the modifications. Really like this system deff
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 12:10 AM   #238
BuffBmw
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 Bmw 740Xi

How to Purchase

If anyone is looking to purchase the system, it is sold as the ShTeigen Cruzur system from LSDMotorsports, you can speak to Mike, he is the owner and is very knowledgeable about the product. Hope this helps
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 11:43 AM   #239
Shteigen
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfa372 View Post
Hello, if you pm us with your contact information we would be happy to have someone get in touch with you with regards to pricing or any questions you may have. The initial pricing for the exhaust was an additional incentive and more of a thank you for those willing to put money up in advance of getting their product. With that said, i would highly encourage you to compare our system with anything else on the market and i am confident you will see the value in our product. Car Meets are a great place to sound test different exhausts.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 02:46 PM   #240
combatbmw
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ausfahrt View Post
Honestly that doesn't make any sense. You get a full setup at Eisenmann price. I have an Eisenmann on my e46 and it drones! Don't get me wrong I like the sound but I'd rather have a full system with valves so I can control the sound. This is just my opinion. I'm not saying Eisenmann is a bad product or telling not to buy an Eisenmann Exhaust. It makes sense to me to buy the latter.
I agree. Full system. Vs axle.. No brainer.

Just sound vs sound and performance and still cheaper with no drone. And controlled valves option.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 09:07 PM   #241
virtualbong
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffBmw View Post
I installed my valved system together with an exhaustmeister about a week ago and I have to say I really enjoy the system. It sounds exactly like I thought it would and for my personal taste it still needs a set of cattless dp's (if anyone has any 4/s pm me) The system looks and sounds great. It has ZERO drone and the valves make the cold starts very reasonable. The only issue I had with the exhaust is that as it came from LSD it did not properly fit my car. Apparently they never tested the system on xi and did not know that the front part of the piping did not clear the front transfer case. However I went to my local shop and they were able to extend the pipes without a problem. The shop that I used is Bergen Imports here in CliffSide Park NJ. I would recommend this shop to anyone looking to do any work to there car, The owner Harry is very knowledge gives very fair pricing and overall a great guy. I've attached some photos showing the modifications. Really like this system deff
Do you have a better shot of the rear with the car on the ground? I am contemplating this purchase for probably the Spring time but want to see how it looks with OEM MSport diffuser.

Thanks!
2011 BMW 550i M-Sport (Jet Black/Cinnamon Brown) - 4/30/14 | 2007 BMW 328xi e92 (Jet Black/Coral Red) - PAST | 2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (Ivory White/Stone) - PAST | 2005 Acura TSX (Obsidian Black/Black) - PAST
| 1998 Acura Integra (Black/Black) - PAST
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2014, 07:37 PM   #242
LiLS
Private
Rep
Drives: ISF

no one made any videos yet?

and whats the cost for the nonvalved system.
Appreciate 0