2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Servotronic Faults

11-15-2023, 11:10 AM   #1
Matt2408
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15

Garage List
Servotronic Faults

So got the car a month ago and haven't experienced any issues or faults in that time until this morning. I go and start the car get a fault, steering: drive moderately and immediately checked, no power steering. Shut it down after like 20 seconds and start right back up and no fault. Drove about 30 miles, no issues and then when getting closer to home put it in sport and no problems. The steering has always felt firm at low speeds but not too firm, guessing it because it's M-sport?

When I bought the car I scanned it and maybe I remember seeing some of these codes but since they mention battery I didn't think much of it especially since the car was getting the rear bumper fixed in a shop I figured the shop disconnected the battery but the owner also said that he had the battery disconnected. And since now having any issues till this one occurrence this morning, I haven't scanned it since.

After getting home I restarted the car and no problems. I might go check the fluid level but haven't noticed any leaks. It was close to freezing at night could it be a battery thing? Maybe try turning on ignition before starting the car next time it's cold? Steering feels back to normal, I'm able to turn it with one finger when parked so not bad. Is there anything I can check regarding these codes? I know it mentions cable going to battery +, would that be the cables in the battery? Really appreciate any help, I'm new to the platform and not sure of any known faults or issues if any.

Name:  BMW Scan 1.JPG
Views: 165
Size:  104.1 KB

Name:  BMW Scan 2.JPG
Views: 142
Size:  113.8 KB

Name:  BMW Scan 3.JPG
Views: 146
Size:  79.8 KB
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2024, 12:47 AM   #2
mosaiham
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 750li

Were you able to solve this issue? I have the same codes and cant figure out what it could be.
Appreciate 0