2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums UK First Service

07-03-2015, 02:20 AM   #1
njc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G31 520d M Sport

First Service

Just had my 2014 520d Luxury Touring first service at 15300miles. It set me back a pretty £315 for an Oil and Micro filter service. I opted out of the service package when I bought the car on the premise of I barely keep the car long enough to use it to its value.

I'm just wondering how this cost compares to other so called prestige car from Mercedes and Audi??

I had the rear scuff plate trim replaced under a recall - covered under warranty.

It also transpires that I need a new oxygen sensor ( located after cat) which would explain why I've had an unusually low MPG. Covered under warranty

Also require a new Throttle and throttle probe after I complained about a squeaky accelerator. Covered under warranty

And finally they found nails in both OSF and NSR tyres - which thankfully are just about holding their pressure with a minimal amount of pressure loss. Hopefully they'll last a bit longer as still got 5mm of tread all round.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2015, 03:48 AM   #2
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 535, F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by njc View Post
Just had my 2014 520d Luxury Touring first service at 15300miles. It set me back a pretty £315 for an Oil and Micro filter service. I opted out of the service package when I bought the car on the premise of I barely keep the car long enough to use it to its value.

I'm just wondering how this cost compares to other so called prestige car from Mercedes and Audi??

I had the rear scuff plate trim replaced under a recall - covered under warranty.

It also transpires that I need a new oxygen sensor ( located after cat) which would explain why I've had an unusually low MPG. Covered under warranty

Also require a new Throttle and throttle probe after I complained about a squeaky accelerator. Covered under warranty

And finally they found nails in both OSF and NSR tyres - which thankfully are just about holding their pressure with a minimal amount of pressure loss. Hopefully they'll last a bit longer as still got 5mm of tread all round.
The bigger chunk of your £315 is labour charges !

BMW would have charged you something like £100/ hour + VAT for labour. The actual cost of materials is pretty low.

I always buy the 'Service Pack' along with my new cars, but after the service pack or warranty expires, I have it serviced from a local garage (he is ex BMW) and I have rarely spent over £150 for service parts costs for any kind of service.
      07-03-2015, 04:38 AM   #3
njc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G31 520d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspannu
Quote:
Originally Posted by njc View Post

The bigger chunk of your £315 is labour charges !

BMW would have charged you something like £100/ hour + VAT for labour. The actual cost of materials is pretty low.

I always buy the 'Service Pack' along with my new cars, but after the service pack or warranty expires, I have it serviced from a local garage (he is ex BMW) and I have rarely spent over £150 for service parts costs for any kind of service.
£27.50 Service Standard scope
£27.50 Engine oil service
£18.33 can't decipher
£79.30 Microfilter service
£16.71 Oil filter
£88.15 microfilter
£5.00 environmental charges
£52.50 VAT
Appreciate 0