2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding iDrive Failure

08-15-2012, 05:05 AM   #1
c-hri-s
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2012 F10 535d M Sport

iDrive Failure

On a 200 mile journey last week I stopped at a rest area and when I got back into the car the whole iDrive system was blank. No sound, no radio, no screen, no HUD, no parking sensors, no parking cameras.

Tried pressing all the buttons, tried holding down the power button for one minute (supposed to reset the system), tried turning the car on/off. Nothing.

Drove to my destination with it like this, came back to the car after 10ish hours and all was working again.

Does anyone have any ideas of what could have been wrong ... or has anyone experienced similar?

It's at the dealers today, but as it's all working perfectly again I'm suspecting they won't find much wrong. One of these things I really want to get addressed in the warranty period, as it smells very expensive to fix otherwise.
2012 F10 535d M Sport, Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Piano Black Trim, 19" 351M, Sport Automatic Transmission, Reversing Assist Camera, Powered Boot Lid, Soft Close Doors, Folding/dimming mirrors, Elec. fr seats, Surround View, Heads-up display, BMW Business Speakers, M rear spoiler, Sun protection glass, Visibility pack, Media Package Pro
Appreciate 0