2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Reasonable pricing for coding

12-05-2015, 12:11 AM   #23
macastel
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 550i

If you want to learn how to code while I code a few options until you feel you've got it, I am your guy. Pm me
We can do it remotely or in person.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2015, 02:41 AM   #24
HFW003
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2024 M340i xdrive

Surely with the BMW population over there this can be done for free!

We have a very small community down here and we seem to have no issue at all with doing it for fellow BMW drivers when we meet up.

It costs $20 for the cable and everything else is free for goodness sake.

I think it ludicrous to be charging upwards of $100 for this. It takes about 15 minutes to code everything that can be done.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2015, 08:26 AM   #25
Gpfarrell
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 6MT Imperial Blue 550i M-sport

"If it's worth doing, it's worth doing for money".

That being said, I'm in Pittsburgh... if anybody here can code mine, please send me a PM!
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2015, 07:01 AM   #26
JamRWS6
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by skalberti
You can do it yourself, but it will take awhile to get everything together and learn how to do it. You'll have to download E-SYS, then download all of the most current PSDZ data. Which is around 3-4 gigs of data. Then you'll have to find someone to sell you the "patch" and "token" to make the software work. Next you'll have to get a quality cable. The best place most order from is a place in Hong Kong called one stop electronics. Takes about 3 weeks to get. Then you'll have to read all the manuals and how to's. It'll cost you at least $80 and how ever much time it takes you to learn. So it all comes down to how much time and effort you want to put into it. To code the list you provided would take at least an hour. Sometimes these cars are a little finicky. You know how it is when you're dealing with computers. If you want it coded over the internet, I would go with Rich. He's V12 on bimmerpost and octopump on bimmerfest. I know him personally and he's top notch and very thorough. By far my favorite item I've coded was enabling the glare free high beams on my LED headlights. I thought they were amazing before, now I'm speechless. That's my .02 cents
This is pretty dramatic. The reality is spend a few dollars for the cable and a little time learning and you can accomplish it yourself. All of the software and instructions are available for free from the right people and they are even willing to help you learn if you have questions. I would assume anyone capable of affording a 60k dollar BMW is intelligent enough to handle this.
Appreciate 0