2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 / F11 5-Series Photos - Video - Media Finally arrived - F10 520d M Sport in Sophisto Grey

11-25-2010, 12:20 PM   #1
Sisco
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 520d M Sport Auto

Finally arrived - F10 520d M Sport in Sophisto Grey

It's finally here!

I'll post further details when I have more time

Meanwhile enjoy pictures

S
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-25-2010, 01:12 PM   #2
sundance
Total Newbie
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2011 520d SE

Nice...

What options did you go for?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2010, 01:40 PM   #3
rich1068
has left the building
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

WHS ^^

I'm glad you posted those pics Sisco. I think you and I are just about the only ones who went for the standard 18" M Sport wheels going on the posts here. Let me know how it rides.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2010, 02:15 PM   #4
MySport
M40d Phytonic Blue
Rep
Drives: M40d

Nice

I'd be interested in a report on the ride as well. I have a Carbon black M-sport arriving in January, M-sport suspension on 18" wheels.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2010, 05:18 PM   #5
Sisco
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundance View Post
Nice...

What options did you go for?

M Sport package
Sophisto Grey Xirallic
18" M Double-spoke style 350M alloy wheels
Black Dakota leather (leather is best!!)
Media package - BMW Business Advanced
Sport automatic transmission with paddles
Model designation deletion (looks much better!)
Aluminium Hexagon interior trim (Part of M Sport
Package)
M Sport suspension (Part of M Sport Package)
Folding mirrors

So, not many options, but you get so much as standard, plus so much more with the M Sport package, that really it is already a fantastic car without having to spend much more!
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2010, 05:21 PM   #6
Sisco
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich1068 View Post
WHS ^^

I'm glad you posted those pics Sisco. I think you and I are just about the only ones who went for the standard 18" M Sport wheels going on the posts here. Let me know how it rides.
Didn't see much point in spending more money in order to get bigger wheels, when it looks so good with the 18", in fact it looks better than I thought, considering that I did order this car without first seeing one in the flesh, only being guided by a limited amount of pictures on the internet!

I've not had the opportunity to try it out properly yet, as I've only had it 2 days. Probably this weekend... I will report later.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2010, 06:34 PM   #7
remmib
General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 520d M-Sport

Congrats, looks beautiful.

F10 520d M-Sport Alpine White | HRE P43SC 20x9+20x11 | Michelin PSS 255/35+295/30 | KW V3 Coilover | M5 Front Sway Bar + M550d Rear Sway Bar | 3DDesign Front Lip | BMW M Performance CF Spoiler | BMW M Performance Diffuser | BMW M Performance Black Grills | BMW M Performance Pedals |
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2010, 11:52 AM   #8
Olagüe
Brigadier General
Spain
Rep
Drives: 333i e92

nice colorr
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2010, 02:07 PM   #9
Sisco
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MySport View Post
I'd be interested in a report on the ride as well. I have a Carbon black M-sport arriving in January, M-sport suspension on 18" wheels.
You won't be disappointed. The ride is absolutely superb. You also have the option to select 'normal' settings and turn the 'sports' suspension on and off, which is amazing, and in conjunction with the sports setting on the automatic gearbox (if you have it), it gives you the ability to drive two different cars in effect, depending on your mood or the circumstances. If you are really excited, be assured it is worth the wait.

S
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2010, 02:23 PM   #10
CAMOKAT
Latvia
Rep
Drives: e39-e60-gs300-f10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisco View Post
You won't be disappointed. The ride is absolutely superb. You also have the option to select 'normal' settings and turn the 'sports' suspension on and off, which is amazing, and in conjunction with the sports setting on the automatic gearbox (if you have it), it gives you the ability to drive two different cars in effect, depending on your mood or the circumstances. If you are really excited, be assured it is worth the wait.

S
I am afraid that with M-suspension (opt.704M) you can not change settings of it. Nevertheless you have great looking car
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2010, 05:29 PM   #11
Sisco
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMOKAT View Post
Quote:

S
I am afraid that with M-suspension (opt.704M) you can not change settings of it. Nevertheless you have great looking car
I apologise for the mistake, the Sport/ Normal button adjusts the chassis and/or drivetrain settings for a more sporty drive, it does not affect the actual suspension. it is called "Driving Dynamic Control", and it adapts the driving dynamics of the car. Regards.

Last edited by Sisco; 11-28-2010 at 09:21 AM.. Reason: Correction
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2010, 12:22 PM   #12
vladberca
Major General
Romania
Rep
Drives: '18 octavia 2.0 tdi dsg

Congrats! Great looking car!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2010, 01:33 AM   #13
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

congrats!

FOLLOW @datbimmerdoe on INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2010, 07:15 AM   #14
V1k1ng
Norway
Rep
Drives: F11 525D

Nice car. Manual or automatic?
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2010, 03:02 PM   #15
Gadgetz
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 520D MSport

Great Looking Car!

Excellent choice of model and colour - however I would say that as I'm still awaiting the delivery of my 520D M Sport in Sophisto Grey. I've ordered the Sport Automatic box, never tested it on a demo car - so taking a risk, can you tell me what its like please. Still have another 4 1/2 weeks before delivery of mine. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2010, 04:42 PM   #16
Sisco
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetz View Post
Excellent choice of model and colour - however I would say that as I'm still awaiting the delivery of my 520D M Sport in Sophisto Grey. I've ordered the Sport Automatic box, never tested it on a demo car - so taking a risk, can you tell me what its like please. Still have another 4 1/2 weeks before delivery of mine. Thanks
I have to say I am extremely happy that I decided to go automatic, for a number of reasons. Firstly, this will be the first diesel that I own, having always been a bit of a petrol head (my last car: Audi A4 2.0 turbo s line, which I still have). This means I tend to over-rev, which doesn't really suit a diesel engine. This kind of put me off when I first test-drove the 520d (it was a manual). However, when I had the chance to try the automatic 8-gear sports box, I have to say that really sold the car to me! That very day I placed the order with the dealer. It is well worth the extra money and the extra emissions, which increase the BIK to 19%

Also, being a bigger car, automatic driving makes the experience much more confortable and enjoyable. The gear change is so smooth that is almost seemless, and if you ever miss manual driving you can always set it to manual, and enjoy playing about with the paddles. You've got reason to be very excited! Keep us posted.

Regards
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2010, 12:01 PM   #17
Gadgetz
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Sports Auto

I tried the normal 8 speed gearbox and like you I was extremely impressed - never got to experience the Sport box though - didnt know whether this would seem a bit more like a manual; I was told by the dealer that the sport mode only uses 7 of the 8 gears.

How does the MSport ride? I'm currently driving a 118D MSport; before a 3 series MSport and both cars have been like riding in wheel barrows due to the hardness of the suspension. I did trial a 520SE, the suspension was good but was a bit soft for sporty driving.

Thanks for the update, I'll try and get some photos online when it arrives.

Gadgetz
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2010, 02:33 PM   #18
Sisco
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I tried the normal 8 speed gearbox and like you I was extremely impressed - never got to experience the Sport box though - didnt know whether this would seem a bit more like a manual; I was told by the dealer that the sport mode only uses 7 of the 8 gears.

How does the MSport ride? I'm currently driving a 118D MSport; before a 3 series MSport and both cars have been like riding in wheel barrows due to the hardness of the suspension. I did trial a 520SE, the suspension was good but was a bit soft for sporty driving.

Thanks for the update, I'll try and get some photos online when it arrives.

Gadgetz
True, in sports mode you only use 7 gears. Once you get used to the auto you won't want to try manual. The paddles are good for overtaking, they allow you to shift down, and after a few seconds you'll return to auto mode.

The ride is very good, softer than my A4 S Line, but still sporty. It does not feel uncomfortable in bumpy roads, and yet you enjoy going 'round corners at a reasonable speed. I much prefer it to the Jag XF in terms of ride.

S.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2010, 02:47 PM   #19
rich1068
has left the building
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

Quote:
The ride is very good, softer than my A4 S Line, but still sporty. It does not feel uncomfortable in bumpy roads, and yet you enjoy going 'round corners at a reasonable speed.
Good to hear. And a perfect description of how BMW get it right and Audi always get it wrong.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 12:20 PM   #20
Gadgetz
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Excellent news - just heard from my BMW dealer, that my 5 is built and has left Munich. Should be here before Xmas, thats 2 weeks earlier than expected; I did hear that BMW were pushing orders to the UK quicker due to the VAT increase in January.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 01:12 PM   #21
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Excellent news - just heard from my BMW dealer, that my 5 is built and has left Munich. Should be here before Xmas, thats 2 weeks earlier than expected; I did hear that BMW were pushing orders to the UK quicker due to the VAT increase in January.
My car will be finished this week also (550i MS) but will not be available till 1st week Jan, this due to xmas shut downs.
      12-13-2010, 04:22 PM   #22
Sisco
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Excellent!! A similar thing happened to me; it's good that the dealer keeps you informed. I believe the cars are checked and cleaned at the port before it gets trucked up to the dealership, where it will get tested and prepared for delivery. Start to get excited!

Don't forget pictures.
Appreciate 0